Update on the new line of RazoRock soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by blanka, Apr 20, 2012.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

This was posted by Italian Barber elsewhere:

Ok... since the soaps and balms are in transit, I will disclose a bit... the names and scents...

RazoRock "Don Marco", Bergamot and Neroli

RazoRock "Cumba Cheech", Orange Blossom and Jasmine

RazoRock "Zi' Peppino", Green Tobacco

RazoRock "Nonno Michelino", Sandalwood

The soaps will come in 125ml size, in the exact same jar as Cella, the red one, but our jars are white. The matching A/S balm with be in a 100ml flip-top bottle.

Prices will be aggressive, in my opinion, for this quality of product, entirely hand-made in Italy, by a small artisan shop

tomnat, Sunflake, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  2. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Very interesting sounding scents, can not wait to try some.

Llyr likes this.
  3. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

More info from the thread mentioned above

4. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I'll take the Don Marco and Zi Peppino ;)

CyanideMetal likes this.
  5. 5Savages

I thought I had a handle on my SC/SSAD, but this may corrupt me, particularly with the introductory price. This will last forever right?

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I don't know what green tobacco smells like, but it sounds interesting. And, at the intro price, I've got nothing to lose.

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The inability to handle your SC/SSAD? Yeah, probably. ;)

5Savages likes this.
  8. Sodapopjones

Keep this thread updated, I don't want to have to pretend I'm lurking on the other site; thanks!

9. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Get the chains and padlocks on those wallets gents! Oh hell never mind it wont work any way. PREPARE TO BOARD!!!! :susel:

Hanzo likes this.
  10. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Any idea blanka when they will hit Canada?

11. blanka

They are en route. Current estimates from Joe are about 3 weeks. The Santa Maria line has hit a major snag that he's not elaborating on at the moment. The LE soap is currently under production, but he's not given out an eta on it either.

The p.160 asb is coming along with the La Famiglia line, so that's exciting too!

12. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Same here

Sodapopjones likes this.
  13. CyanideMetal

Now the only question remains, what's the ingredients list look like??

14. 5Savages

CyanideMetal likes this.
  15. CyanideMetal

16. blanka

The newest ETA for the La Famiglia line is May 15th. The 2012 LE Soap and restocking of the bar soaps is @ 6 weeks or so. Joe also hinted at something for later this year called, "RazoRock Baby Blue". Total speculation here, but is he hinting towards Floid? It's the first mention I've heard of it.

CyanideMetal likes this.
  17. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

Then it appears that on May 15 I will be making a pretty decent soap order at IB. Currently planning on 1 of each of the new LaFamiglia scents, a backup or two of XXX (AdP), and some Tabac.

Sodapopjones and tomnat like this.
  18. blanka

The latest from Joe:

ETA right now is looking to be May 15th, as per shipper

The sale will start the minute they go up on the website and will last for 7 calender days, or until product goes out of stock.

-----
    Baby Blue... it's an A/S project we are working on... not yet finalized; it will NOT be a Blue Floid clone, I can tell you that much

also, we've been wanting to do a pre-shave soap in the vein of MR-GLO... mainly because I find MR-GLO to be a tad pricey for a bar of soap; I think this project just got lift off today.

I know I've preached about this in the past (just maybe not here), but, I believe, washing your face, before prepping it, with a good facial pre-shave soap, is the single easiest way to improve your shave; it also cuts down the prep time dramatically. It breaks the oils and sebum from the whiskers, allowing them to absorb more hot water faster and gets rid of the dirt and grim on your skin. Currently, I'm using the Sul Filo bar, which is fantastic... but I want a great one with the RR name on it, at a great price.

19. Sodapopjones

Thanks for keeping this updated!

I'm looking forward to it, I really want to order some new Proraso stuff too while I'm at it. lol Come on May 15th!

20. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Exactly