Used blade disposal

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Desi, Feb 10, 2015.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm only using 24-26 blades in 6 months - fresh DE blade in every Monday.
    You fill a can in 6 months?!?! You usin' a new blade for every pass?
    Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

RayC1993 likes this.
  2. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

Haha well now that I am using Voskhod blades it might fill up slower. It was filling up every 4-6 months when I was using feathers and got 1-2 shaves out of them.

3. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

Nope :) she has the upstairs bathroom and I have my own little half shave den uhh I mean bathroom :)

4. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

save them for my stash of Halloween apples

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I just use an old soup can that I cut a hole in the top and glued the lid back down. It works just fine, and it is deep in the den so it is not an eye sore.

6. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Rubbing alcohol bottle with a slit cut in the side up by the top. When full duct tape the slit and toss in the recycle bin.

Clayton

7. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Hope you don't ever have to open up the wall. Did a remodel on a bathroom when I worked for a contractor and we ran into this when I opened the wall. Lot's of rusted blades to remove.

Clayton

Sara-s likes this.
  8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A friend of mine also encountered a lot of rusty blades, when remodeling his home. He was not pleased.

9. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

I use a LARGE (16Oz) McCormick "Old Bay" Seasoning Tin, with an open/close lid, which opens & closes enough to adequately accommodate the Razor Blades!

10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I just got back from the 99 cent store. I scored this can bank. It is fully sealed with a slot. I personally like the graphics. How I will parlay this into a
    Martini not quite sure at the moment.:D
    .[​IMG]

11. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

my medicine cabins has a catch bin behind it. I've never taken it down but I hear the blades falling and they don't even land a foot from the slot. My apartment isn't old enough for it to be that full between the studs so my best guess is a bin of some kind.

12. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

I love that! You totaly need to put some weights in there so someone will steal it from you.

twhite likes this.
  13. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

More likely there is fire blocking between the studs. See below. image.jpg

14. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

maybe. i dont know how these apartments were built. they used to be part of an old hospital. I'll pull it out soon and check. I'm nearly dieing to know at this point.