Valobra Reformulation?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by JimR, Jan 13, 2009.

1. JimR

JimR Active Member

So, I got a Valobra stick from Giovanni last year--love it. Lovely lather, good skin care, beauty.

So I wanted to stock up a wee bit...and I traded with Will for another. Out of curosity, I opened the box and...was surprised.

The stick on the right is my old one. It has a light greenish color, while the one from Motternman is darker, more of a burnt sienna. Also, the one I got recently is definitely thicker than my older one, and bigger.
    [​IMG]
    The boxes list the same weight--50 grams. Although the boxes themselves also differ:

[​IMG]

and:

[​IMG]

The coloring is slightly different, the newer (to me) box has the weight on a sticker the ingredients stamped on it; my original did not.

Anyone have any ideas what these differences mean? I haven't tried the newer stick yet, so I don't know if there is any difference in performance...but a bigger size AND a different color are odd...Will, do you remember when/where you got this stick?

2. alabamalawyer

alabamalawyer Member

All of the Valobra sticks I have had looked like the one on the right in your first picture -- lightly colored. I have not purchased any recently, so I'm interested to hear from those who have to see which stick they recognize.

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

uh-oh.....................mine looked like the one on the right, as well.

Will:
    Is (was) yours a counterfeit ?

4. biomesh

biomesh New Member

The one on the left looks much older then the one on the right, IMO. Mine, purchased in 2007 or early 2008 looks like the one on the right.

5. yomuppet

yomuppet Member

Any ingredients changes?

Regards.

J

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

That's the problem--my earlier stick didn't have any ingredients listed. No idea.

7. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Valobra office is in Genova, Italy, via Carducci 5 / 7 s.s.

Phone : ++.39.010.581171

Fax: ++.39.010.5702191

E-mail: valobrasoap@tin.it

Valobra Factory is in Genova, Italy, via S.Quirico 115 l. r.

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

So far I've only known the one on the left :D