Van Yulay Gentle Sauvage?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I'm considering making a complete set of the Dior Sauvage fragrance to put in my black shave kit. I was wondering what the shave soap is like and what is Van Yulay's aftershave like? Does Van Yulay make a classic alcohol splash aftershave or only a balm??? (I prefer classic alcohol splashes over balms as my oily skin agrees with the classic splash better, especially with an ever so light kiss of menthol.

So few modern artisans are making classic alcohol-based splashes. I love Country Club for Men's splashes. They have great fragrance, a nice sting, a kiss of menthol and contain some skin conditioners like glycerin in the splash, so I get the best of all worlds (disinfection, toning, irritation relief and moisturizing) in one.

Anyway. Curious what people think of this scent and how close it is to the Dior Sauvage scent. And want to know about the aftershave as well.

2. jaxstraww

jaxstraww Well-Known Member

I had one set of Van Yulay, Merc. It was horrible. What I remember of the splash that it was alcohol free. I'm looking for feedback on their Faren soap being that I use Farenheit on occasion.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

3. Tim Spencer

Yeah, I contacted the site by email the other day asking if they can make a classic alcohol splash. I haven't heard back yet. My guess would be no. In that case I'm going to get creative and go through a Kevin at Country Club.

I just need to know how this Gentle Sauvage soap is. Scent/shave-quality? Anyone know?

4. jaxstraww

Is Kevin around? I heard he is MIA and a few BOTB are a bit worried they don't have backups.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

5. Tim Spencer

BOTB? Not sure what that acronym is.

6. jaxstraww

Brothers of the Blade

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

7. Tim Spencer

Ahh. Kevin told me he is just revamping his website and in the meantime his website is rerouting people to his Etsy store so they can still contact him through there. I was worried too about when he said he wasn't likely going to sell soaps anymore, but would still sell aftershaves. I decided to quickly put in a mass-order for all my shave kits to get a estimated 10-year supply of soaps and deodorants. Catie's Bubbles put me on notice that he wouldn't be making fragrance dupes forever, so I did the same with him by ordering a 10-year supply of aftershave and soap.