Van Yulay green Irish tweed

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by banks741938, Dec 16, 2016.

1. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried van yulay green Irish tweed. I've never tried a van yulay soap before. I also even though I've been wanting to for a while have never tried a soap that resembles creeds green Irish tweed. How does this soaps scent compare to the real deal?

Thanks.

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I've tried van yulay soaps before, they're okay in my opinion, not great.
    As far as a GIT you can checkout Stirling and KShaveWorx.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mystic Water Irish Traveler. :happy088:

4. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5¢

Irish Traveler or WSP's Gaelic Tweed are good.

5. insomniHack

insomniHack New Member

Howsabout Wickham's 1912 Shamrock Tweed? Thinking I may pick up a tub alongside the club cola.

6. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

I've got WSP's Gaelic Tweed soap (Formula T) and aftershave. Slick, protective soap and a perfectly matching AS. Not the strongest scent out there for a GIT clone, but very refined and smooth.
    I'd love to hear any reviews on this one. I've heard great things about Wickham's soaps.

7. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Wickham is superb. I only have the Shamrock Tweed in glycerine pre shave soap and a bar of bath soap (from an initial LE for a UK forum), but I do have a few other shave soaps from Darron, Wickham proprietor. It’s a vegan soap but I think even the most die hard tallow fans would approve. Whips up in no time and gives a rich, lubricious, slick, cushioning lather. Other scents high on my list include Irish Fern (Pen’s English Fern), Classic 24 (Aventus) and Russian Leather.

Edit: oh and scentwise the Shamrock is pretty spot on GIT, IMO.

8. Str8 Shaver

Str8 Shaver Well-Known Member

van yulay soaps are some of my top performers.. :happy005:

9. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

They are outstanding for post shave feel. Middle of the pack for lather. I only have one, but the scent is awesome and long lasting.

10. ATLgt14

ATLgt14 New Member

I am looking for a GIT clone as well. I am trying to share the love and get different brands for different scents, so I got samples of Stirling Sharp Dressed Man, WSP Formula T Gaelic Tweed, Mystic Water Irish Traveller and Van Yulay GIT.

I haven't smelled GIT so I don't know how they compare to that, so I can only compare the scents to each other.

Mystic Water Irish Traveller - almost no scent straight off the sample (In fact it smelled more like the Oatmeal Stout sample that was shipped in a separate sealed ziplock in the same package). Lathering didn't produce much scent either. Faint hints of grass and a clean green soap. Decent performing soap

Van Yulay GIT - Low scent off the puck mainly clean green soap. Lathering brings out a little more scent, but it doesn't have much lasting power. This was just an ok performer.

WSP Formula T Gaelic Tweed - Lots of grass scents off of the puck. Similar once lathered, but also some clean green scent as well. Not super strong. Very good performer. I had high hopes because I love Blackbeard by WSP and that scent lasts forever. I also have the WSP AS and it smells the same as the soap, but the grassy scent is more muted at first and then comes out over time.

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man - Strongest scent off the puck and lathered. More cologne type scent than the rest and almost no grass scent that I can detect. I have the AS for this one to and it matches the soap scent. For me this was the best smelling out of the bunch.