vintage Gillettes

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by icemanwbs, Sep 26, 2014.

1. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I got my new edwin jagger today so im going to be trying that with different blades. Just got to work on my technique now ! :cool::signs021::transport016:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Nice razors, all 3. I think you'll like the Slim the best once you're used to it. Maybe it's been said already, but the date codes are on the underside of the head. C-1, K-2, L-3...or something like that. Then check Gillette date codes on Google. You can date all 3 easily. They're gonna be '50's and '60's.

icemanwbs likes this.
  3. icemanwbs

Yes, my favorite of those 3 is the slim adjustable. Very intrigued by the ability to use something that old, that works like it was just made today. I will definitely keep eyes open for antique razors. But now that I have my new ej de89 , I am totally blown away by my shaves. :happy069:

4. Herm2502

Oh, you are gonna be a happy camper. My DE89 was my first razor and still a favorite. I like the heavier weight of it.

icemanwbs likes this.
  5. icemanwbs

Thanks. Just need to get used to the tweezerman badger now. A lot softer than the VDH that was included in my initial kit.

6. Herm2502

I've heard the Tweeserman brush is a good brush. You may also want to check out Whipped Dog brushes, they're very nice and reasonably priced. But, then again, I'm just a noob, what do I know?

7. icemanwbs

Where does one find a Whipped dog brush ?

8. Herm2502

www.whippeddog.com

Or search Google.

I think the site is a little confusing, but send Larry, the owner, an email and he'll help you out. You can pick the handle, the brush, and other options.

icemanwbs likes this.