Vintage Razor from Classicshaving.com

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by VetsJetsnGuns, Apr 25, 2008.

1. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

It's not vintage, its vintage style :D

Parker from India makes them. It is apart of their new line of razors.

3. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

Yes it's a Parker. The head is similar with that of Merkur Non-Adjustable razor.

4. VetsJetsnGuns

thankyou for the answers...

5. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

................'shore looks purdy

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Sure does look pretty. But 25$ for a parker.....

7. VetsJetsnGuns

my brother-in-law was thinking about it, but I steered him towards a used parker for ~$15. Still waiting on his review...

8. jwoods

jwoods New Member

You know with the interest in gillette razors,Why dosent gillette come out with a throwback razor each year, like the 2009 Fatboy, They would make a killing on those in a limited edition say 1000 produced and numbered, I am sure the shaving public are tired of paying the price for cartridges

9. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Gillette doesn't want people to convert to DE shaving. They want you to keep buying disposable cartridges at $3 a pop.

10. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Sadly that's the way it is.

But, hey, vintage razors are much more fun anyway :D

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

I think that is a great idea :)......but it seems they try and distance themselves from the past :(:( and keep the sales of the multi blade cartridges high....

I wonder how much it cost for them to make one of those cartridges?.....it seems there profit margin has to be huge on these things.........

soo true.....

12. I love the old stuff as everthing today is planned to be consumed and tossed. Remember when you would buy a Nikon F series and fondle it for months !

13. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Gillette deffinetly doesnt want people to convert to wet shaving. They dont even want younger generations to know that they are produced. If it werent for SE razor blades being sold in super markets, I probably would have never known people even shaved with them at one point. And even so, I didnt know anything more about it than that people may have shaved with it at one point. I mean cummon, Gillette 5 blade razors, the best a man can get :D

14. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

I still have an old Nikon F with the motor drive that had to be attached after market. It doesn't even have a metered head. :D It must weigh five pounds. I bought it used back in the late 70's and used it all through college and into the mid 80's doing some freelance work.

Remember this old thing? It's not mine but one very much like it, minus the metered head.

[​IMG]