Voskhod blade group buy -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tristen

tristen Member

It's win-win :)

2. DonR

DonR Active Member

My blades arrived. Many thanks for all your efforts. :signs107:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I think you win a bit more... :)

Nice DonR I am looking forward to mine. I have a couple to tide me over until the package arrives to me :). Yay Canada Post.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Just opened my blades. Thank you Jody! I appreciate all of the work and generosity!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  5. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

man, all these people getting their blades already are making me antsy....I can't wait to get mine!

6. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean. I will probably be the last to receive my blades as well :). Yay Canada Post.

7. SOS

SOS Member

Packaging was perfect, but I was a little concerned when I saw Oprah sitting on top of them.:happy102:

Shaved with them for the last two days and these might be the blades that have given me the closet irritation free shave so far. No cuts or nics, super smooth and super sharp. For some reason coated blades work well for me. Will see what my face looks like at the end of the week and how these blades perform in other handles. Fo context I've used well over thirty types of blades.

When you start your Russian shaving business you got a customer.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Got an update from USPS yesterday that the Priority Mail Flat Rate Padded Envelopes have been shipped and are on the way to me. Again, sorry for the delay to those of you still waiting but they are coming. Thanks for your patience.

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Its allll good. I was lucky enough to get a little present in the mail to tide me for a couple of weeks. :)

Thanks again Jody for the group buy... BUT thank you Etoyoc for the great blades to tide me and my neck over for a couple weeks.

10. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Jody, no problem and thanks for letting us know; my wife says I look good in this beard:happy068:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  11. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Alright folks, a quick update... the last of the blades are packaged and ready to be put in the post office's hands first thing Monday morning. So that's pretty much it with this group buy. As of this coming Monday morning, all blades paid for will have been mailed, including the ones headed to Canada and the UK.

Thanks to everyone that participated! :git:

I will probably be doing a full-case-only group buy but it'll be in a few weeks, maybe another month or so. Want to give everyone time to get their blades from this buy, time to try them and see if they like them. Full cases will be much more easier to deal with as they will be mailed directly to you from the distributor - won't have to wait on them to come to me and then me mail them to you. And while it may seem more expensive having to buy a full case, it'll actually be cheaper coming in at around 5 cents a blade shipping/PayPal/TSD donation included whereas this group buy came in around 10 cents a blade shipping/PayPal/TSD donation fees included. But full details on that when it's time. Stay tuned for a separate thread on that when it happens....

hdflame, dougr and Asd like this.
  12. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

WOOHOOO. Im looking forward to getting my year supply of blades :)

13. highball

highball Member

My blades arrived today. Thanks Jody :)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  14. sol92258

HEY! This thread was AWOL earlier when I was looking for it!!!
    My blades made their grand appearance at my address today, too! About to have a shave with one here soon....

IAmTheJody likes this.
  15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    We regularly hide threads from just you. What can I say? We're easily amused.

Dridecker likes this.
  16. sol92258

Shweet!
    but seriously, I searched all threads started by Jody, did a search for "voskhod", checked all my posts....nada.
    Ya'll's gots too much time on your hands to be concerned with me....:D

On a another note...just had a great shave!
    Though I stacked the odds against the Voskhod by having 3 days' growth, it did a fine job.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  17. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I find the voskhod works great with a couple days growth. My blades should be here sometime soon :). Hopefully early next week.

18. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

:happy097:

19. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Thanks JODY...got my blades in last night's mail and will break them out in the morning and slap one in my Futur:whacky084:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  20. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

The post office finally saw fit to deliver my blades today, and as always later than the expected delivery date, but at least they made it and I'll have my first Voskhod shave tomorrow. :)

Jody I really can't say enough good things about you for putting this whole thing together, the stress and headaches must have seemed overwhelming at times, so kudos to you for seeing it through and for all you've done.

Why you would even think about doing it again in the future is beyond me, but you're just another fine example of the great members that make up TSD! :thanks:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.