Voskhod blade group buy -CLOSED

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by IAmTheJody, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

So it looks like we're going with 2 master cases and with that, we have 24 cards left to claim.

2. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

at $5 a card move me from 5 to a even 10 cards . so 5 more cards down

3. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Just noticed this, I'll take 2 cards if possible. I know I'm very late on this one so I understand if I have to sit this one out. Thank you Sir Jody. If there's a need for more to be purchased to make this happen I know a few non-posting shavers who would probably be interested-they'll do it thru me.

4. Razor Burn

Razor Burn Member

I will take 2 cards please..thk you...:D

5. IAmTheJody

Well that $5 a card isn't a sure thing because of other costs involved such as the shipping to me plus shipping to you, the PayPal fee of 60 cents+ depending on how big the payment is and the $1 built-in TSD donation to help cover the costs of the TSD forum software switch. You're looking more at $7, $8, $9, maybe $10 a card. The PayPal fees could be cut out if the payments were sent to me as Gift instead of Goods but I'm not going to ask people to do that because I think it's against TSD rules and I don't want to force anyone to trust me to save a dollar.

I'm going to do all I can to make these as cheap as possible but even at 10 cents a blade, that's less than the 25 cents a blade retail vendors are selling them for.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Even if it comes to $10 a card shipped that's an awesome price, I've got over 200 blades now, hmm.

7. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Put me down for 2 cards. Thanks.

8. Tiggercat

Tiggercat New Member

I'm new around here, but I would like two cards if they are available, please.

9. IAmTheJody

Counted. Thanks.

Welcome to TSD! You're in for 2 cards but keep an eye on this thread because they won't be available until the end of this month or early next month. Just taking counts right now to see how many master cartons I need to get.

10. Tiggercat

Tiggercat New Member

Sounds good - thanks!

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Put me down for 2 cards thanks. Thank you for your efforts for putting this together.

13. IAmTheJody

OK, that's 2 master cases claimed... 80 cards claimed... 8,000 blades claimed!

From this point forward, you can still post your claims if you haven't done so already but keep in mind this doesn't guarantee them... 20 more cards need to be claimed before I commit to buying a third master case. I'm paying for these up front at $200 per case plus shipping and the last thing I need or want is to be stuck with 3500 blades. :happy102

14. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Before you totally commit further Jody, you might want to take refundable deposits less paypal fees naturally....

15. IAmTheJody

Did you mean to claim any here?

I thought about that but I don't want to put anyone's trust on the spot and it's not a necessity really. Plus without knowing right now what the shipping of the cases to me is going to be and shipping costs on the different numbers of cards to each person (sending 1 card will be cheaper than sending 2+ cards), it's hard to say "please deposit X dollars". The only way that'd work is everyone deposit $10 per card and once the final price is determined, I could refund the difference. I really think the final cost per card will be $8.00 + or minus 50 cents but I just can't know right now.

16. smokelaw1

smokelaw1 Member

How did I miss this? I'd take two cards if possible!

17. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I would like to pick up a card. If there are any left, also if need be I wouldn't mind getting two or more if needed. Would like to spread these blades though.

18. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I could pick up another one or two if need be

19. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I would be in for 5 cards. Thanks for putting this together Jody!
    edit: Also would be OK with pre-paying.

20. AnB_Daddy

AnB_Daddy Active Member

Wow, I take a few days off from the computer and thousands of blades get sold! :happy102

If there is the possibility of a third box, I would be in for 8 cards.

Also, I have no problem sending money ahead of time if you need it for the purchase. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.