Wade & Butcher. Medium Hollow Ground

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by DaltonGang, Feb 13, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Just wanted to post The before and after photos of the Wade & Butcher Medium Hollow Ground Razor. I bought it as a razor lot. It contained two razors, The W&B and a nice black handled Schick Injector. I paid $15.96 delivered. The W&B was rusty and had some corrosion at the heel. It took a while to get the corrosion to a level I could live with, without affecting the integrity of the razor. The scales were loose and needed major tightening. The scales were also warped, and were then straightened by me(Popsicle Stick Fix). Well, Here it is.

Before:
    W&B Med Holl. Ground Berfore Restore.JPG
    W & B Med Holl. Ground Before Restore.JPG

After restore.
    Wade & Butcher Medium Hollow Ground.JPG

Hillbilly79, Drygulch, twhite and 4 others like this.
  2. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Nice work.
    One question-popsicle stick fix?

DaltonGang and Billyfergie like this.
  3. DaltonGang

Billyfergie likes this.
  4. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have done something similar by using two pieces of wood to clamp the scale straight and then soaking it in hot water. Take it out, let it cool completely, unclamp and check. Do it again and again until you get all you can out of it. But I did not know it had a name. :)

Billyfergie and DaltonGang like this.
  5. DaltonGang

That's another way of doing it, I haven't thought of. How does it work on squashed scales?

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I wouldn't think it would work too well. It works good for straightening out bent and twisted scales, though. And if you aren't certain the scales aren't celluloid, it's much safer than a hair dryer.

Billyfergie and DaltonGang like this.