Walmart selling the one touch razor.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Razor Blade 79, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

Looks like DE shaving may get more attention if people keep seeing this in local stores.

image.jpg

PatrickA51, macaronus and Hanzo like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

In CVS, as well.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

It is a hopeful sign. Now, if they only had a good selection of TOBS and Cella and Castle Forbes and........

BamaT, BigMark, PatrickA51 and 2 others like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

That would be nice......

5. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

One of my local Walgreens started selling them too. They keep them in the As Seen on TV section instead of the actual shaving section though, so you wouldn't know about it if you were looking for a DE.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

This will make the general public more aware of traditional wetshaving, a good thing.

PatrickA51 and GDCarrington like this.
  7. HUF

HUF Active Member

It is a Weishi with a stand.

PatrickA51 and gorgo2 like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep. I bought a Weishi at Sally's because I had a coupon and was curious. Shave was so-so but I just couldn't get past the insubstantial feel of it. Wouldn't mind having the stand, though.

9. Dtram

Dtram Member

The Weishi 9306-C is heavier than the light Weishi 9306. The One Touch is the 9306-C. I bought the Weishi as my first safety razor because of the reviews it received as being a mild shaver. My loving sister surprised me with the One Touch. I have them both for now. With the case and cleaning brush, the Weishi is in my shaving bag for traveling.

10. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Haven't seen one yet in my area, of course I haven't really looked for it though. How much is Wally's selling them for?

11. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

Isn't that the same as the $2.50 "travel razor" sold by Stirling Soap, but with some more blades and a stand?

12. Dtram

Dtram Member

Possibly the light weight Weishi 9306, looks very similar.

$19.97 here in Ky

13. TexasTiger

TexasTiger Well-Known Member

Good idea I have been thinking about what to do for a travel razor didn't realize it came with a case and cleaning brush will have to pick one up for that price.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  14. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Now, if local stores would just start selling a variety of DE blades....

BamaT and BigMark like this.
  15. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Keep dreaming grasshopper.....

16. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I don't think they did even back in the pre-cartridge days. It would have been more like many different stores each selling two or three out of a variety of blade brands. Even so, there are a few brick-and-mortar stores popping up that do sell a wide array of wetshaving gear, including blades. Smallflower is one, and there is another in Southern California whose name I can't recall at the moment. Of course, there are always the online stores.

Odd... The Micro Touch One folks show a customer service address of:

Micro Touch One
    400 Returns Rd
    Wallingford, CT 06494

"Returns Rd" does not seem to exist, at least not in Wallingford. It is also listed as the customer service address for many other "as seen on TV" products. Oh well, as long as the razors are good quality then it might not matter.

17. redbeard

redbeard Member

I actually bought this and it is what has gotten me into wet shaving. It shaves ok, not too hot about those blades though. They are labeled "Dorco"

It was $19.95 or something along those lines at Walmart, the last one on the shelf too!

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It is a good starting point.

19. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

I really dig this razor. I was really hesitant because I bought this $5 piece of junk from Sally's many moons ago and it looks just like the MTO. However, after a while of seeing it at Walgreens I bit the bullet. Wow. Nothing like that plastic rubbish from Sally's. I used it for about 2 weeks. No problems.

BamaT and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  20. fmckinney53

fmckinney53 New Member

I have never seen a Weishi at Sally's in my area of Tampa,fl..Shave factory TTO only...thanks!

Dr. Tim Wilkins likes this.