Was Given One Feather Blade To Try! What To Expect???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by seagiant, Apr 28, 2015.

1. seagiant

seagiant Member

Hi,
    Hmm....I wonder if it is the type of skin you have (thick or thin) that makes the difference???

The Feather gave me razor burn,using it like my Crystals?

The Astra was very smooth and seemed sharp to me and I'm going to go back between it and the Crystals to look at that comparision more?

The next hundred pak of blades I buy might just be the Astras and they come at a good price!

2. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I think that the Feather is really susceptible to "heavy" technique. What I mean, from my own limited experience, is that if one is used to a more forgiving blade, as I was, the Feather really can bite one's face. For me, I was too heavy handed until I realized just how light a hand the Feather required. YMMV,

3. seagiant

seagiant Member

Hi,
    Well I tried the "Blue Bird" this morning and it did not seem as sharp as the others???

Ok I guess but is out of my running for MY best blade (for me!)

4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Keep in mind, that blades work differently in different razors. If you try that Blue Bird in another razor, you might get the most amazing shave of your life.

IDuck and BigMark like this.
  5. seagiant

seagiant Member

Hi,
    Thanks!

Yes! Having been bit hard with this VintageRazor thing, I just obtained about 5 new (to me) old razors and will keep that in mind!

Admittedly learning a lot here! Thanks again!

jakie55 and Drygulch like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

My friends tell me that I have thin skin, but I'm not sure they are talking about wet shaving. :D I hope the Astras work well for you! Keep us posted.

7. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

this this this.....i will always say (said many times on here) that a new shaver should buy a adjustable after they get technique down...so much more forgiving and you dont have to buy 10 different razors to see if you like mild/aggressive and already ruling certain blades out.

8. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

Can't use feather. Gillette Silver Blues for me