Weber Razor prices lately

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 26, 2015.

1. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

Well I guess at those crazy prices, Ebay isnt the only one making some money on them! :) I agree with the comment of getting an ATT setup instead. I like mine better than I did the Weber.

2. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have both, I think it's a toss up. I like the way the Weber feels in my hand. Seems heavier?

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Im very happy I bought the Weber a couple of weeks ago. I found it on a swedish auction site for 400 SEK, which is about 45$. The seller was tired of it or something. I didn't know at the time that the demand on it is this high!

I feel like I stole it from him =P Im actually on a No buy, but Im very veeery happy I made an exception because its a great shaver. Just great! Im glad there is no flaws in MY razor.

Darkbulb and Troy M like this.
  4. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

wow.. thats crazy

5. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Patrick I have to agree with Darkbulb on this one. While I think the prices people are asking on eBay is a joke, the fact is, there are apparently enough people out there with disposable income to purchase these items and drive the prices skyrocketing!

Fat I have to agree with you on this one. I honestly cannot see what I gain by buying any of these new custom SS razors from ATT, Ikon or (insert maker name here). As a single income family it's just one of things I looks at and go "Man it sure would be nice...." but then reality sets in, and the desire to stay married, and I realize my vintage Gillettes or Merkur 180 shave me just fine. I mean how smooth is smooth enough! Don't get me wrong, if money were no issue I'd love an American made custom machined SS razor just like I'd love 2015 Mustang Cobra, but at the end of the day I am happy with a 35mpg Corolla. lol

I think what's even worse than the shop owners, are the consignment people who have rust/cell rot/broken razors and think they are as rare a Spanish treasure and worthy of comparable pricing! Reminds me of the people that have a rusted hulk in their yard with weeds growing through it but think they'll make $100,000 because at last years Barrett Jackson one sold for $250K.......(Ummmm yeah, fully restored!!)

Okay enough random musing....guess I'll get back to work.

theFAT98 and Troy M like this.
  6. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

Which ATT head do you use? I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm not sure if there is enough difference between it and the Weber to justify it.

7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I think the R1 is the closest to my Weber. I've also heard some people say the M1 feels closer though. If you want something more aggressive than the Weber but still smooth, the H2 is great.

8. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm actually looking for something a little less aggressive than the Weber, so an M1 sounds like it should work. Have you used the M1? How is the efficiency compared to the Weber?

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I saw one on the bay this morning with 2hrs left $112 & 4 bidders, looked pretty good.

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think it closed at around $165.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. feeltheburn

I have used the M1. It's a little less efficient than the Weber but also less aggressive in my opinion. Just to explain what I mean, the Weber gets me the shave I want in 2 passes (WTG/ATG). The M1 will need some touch ups to get my jawline and chin to where I want them. So it's not a huge difference but noticeable.

12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I am not 100% certain but if you buy from the ATT site I think they allow you to buy a head and if that doesn't work out for you you can send it back for another version - and do so a couple of times until you find the one that fits you. I can't remember if @RaZorBurn123 did that...

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. sir_mike

Have you tried the R1 plate or the M2?

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I didn't exchange my S1, but yes you can exchange the razor until you're happy. Within reason :) I don't know of anyone else that offers that type of service/warranty.

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I use my R-1 head on a Krono's Handle. I also have the M-1 and the H-1 I like the R-1 and the H-1, really have not used all of the heads, Just ended a 30day rule with the R-1 am going to use my Weber /Classic Handle for a week or so and then use my H-1 head on the Kronos Handle. I want to get a Colossus Handle.

16. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Which model acts mostly like the Weber? M1?

17. feeltheburn

The M2 feels a little more aggressive than the M1. And the R1 is a little more aggressive than the M2. I like them all but the H2 is the one I use most.

I'd say the R1 seems closest to me.

tuxxdk likes this.
  18. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Thanks!

19. sir_mike

I more I think about it, I think the Weber kinda falls between the M1 and R1 plates. :)

20. feeltheburn

Could be. To me the M2 does as well. As long as the open comb doesn't bother you, the M2 is definitely worth a try.