Weber

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tylerbrycen, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

What is everyone's opinion on the weber razors

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

The most economical options for a stainless steel razor from what I've read. I don't have personal experiences but I haven't read anything bad about them shave wise, and there were a few small incidents with the DLC coating on the razor heads however I haven't seen recent issues.

3. Lothar101

Lothar101 Active Member

They sound really good and affordable to me wanted a DLC but are unavailable right now :(

4. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I want a dlc or a arc but alas I'll have to wait till they make more

5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

They are excellent SS razors. A very smooth shave and yes much cheaper than Tradere or Pils or Feather, etc. Just keep checking the weber website for the next batch. They have a site on amazon and you might be able to get an email when they are back in stock. I have the DLC and the ARC. The latest is the polished stainless steel heads.

6. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

Dang it everyone has one hahaha

7. lindyhopper66

I just went to the Weber website http://www.weberrazor.com and clicked on the amazon store link for Weber and see the polished head razor with bulldog handle or wave handle, so they are available now. No indication about when they will produce more ARC or DLC head types. In a shavenook interview with the owner, it sounded like he was only making the polished heads for now.

I have the DLC with bulldog handle and the ARC with the longer, lighter original handle. I hear the polished head works great.

You can go to the website and click on contact and ask the owner when or if he will be making the ARC or DLC again. He's good about answering.

8. lindyhopper66

I wrote Ed at Weber and already have an answer about future offerings.

"Robert,

We are offering the polished head razors instead of ARC. The design is
    the same, but they are color matched to the handle. When we do offer more
    DLC razors, we make product availability announcements on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/weberrazor

Thanks,

Ed
    Weber Razor"

9. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I'm already following then on twitter hahaha I will not miss my chance

10. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I've never had much interest in Weber. I have heard they are very aggressive. Don't let my comment stop you though. I think they are stunning razors though to be fair!

11. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I've heard the very opposite, I've heard the razor is mild

12. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Weber is where it is at! There is a reason they are always sold out. Might be a little aggressive for a younger guy, but, really, they are like a Fatboy on 5-6, but much "smoother". Hands down my favorite of over 50 razors in my collection. Go for !

13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I have the Weber BullDog and Wave handles and the Polished SS head. Heres my opinion, first the handles are "FANTASTIC" Great fit and finish!! I also love the handle length, weight and knurling.

As for the polished head unfortunately it only works ok for me. It shaves as well as my EJ89 head, but it's not as smooth/comfortable on my face. In fact after using the Polished Weber head for 2 weeks I went back to using the EJ head. A Weber handle paired with an EJ89 head gives an absolutely wonderful shave!!

Like everyone else I also am anxiously waiting for the DLC heads to come out. I agree with Neo completely, as of now anyway, if you want to go SS the Weber is your Best choice for the Least money. So I.M.O. if you want a good razor for less money get the EJ89,but beware of the I.M.O. overly slick handle. If you already have an EJ89 get a Weber handle and the EJ will shave(for the better) like a new/different razor..........:)

Other than that :smiley respect: GET THE WEBER, GET THE WEBER, GET THE WEBER, I hope I'm not "INFLAMMING" your R.A.D. :)

14. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I'm going to have to wait till Ed comes out more dlc and arc

15. 178-bplatoon

:signs011: :happy088: Probably the best move to make....:)

16. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I've tried the ej89 head with a ilon handle and I didnt like it really

17. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

As with most wet shaving equipment YMMV. I have both a DLC and an ARC with a polished head in transit. For the price you can't come close with a Stainless Steel razor. I find them to be very comfortable shavers similar in aggression to an EJ89 or Muhle R89.

18. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I'm also debating if I should go for all three razors or just get one

19. 178-bplatoon

:bounce015:You got R.A.D., you got R.A.D., you got R.A.D. :happy097:

20. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

I only purchased the polished head to go with a new UFO Stainless Kaiser short handle.

P1010061.JPG