Weishi 2088 Series?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dexterous, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

I ran across the 2008 Series Weishi polycarbonate DE razors while doing some research on the brand. These are certainly colorful and fun and would seem to be a good choice for a travel/newbie razor. So far, even though they must be new stock, I can't find anyone who sells them. Has anyone run across these razors in the retail sector?

2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Haven't seen them in those colors anywhere, but Connaught Shaving sells Weishi's in Chrome, Satin Chrome, Gold and Gunmetal.

3. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Thank you. I'm considering acquiring a Gunmetal TTO. Razorandbrush.com in the USA also has a large line of metal Weishis.

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Polycarb=plastic. I'd stay away from them. The rest of the weishi razors are generally good but mild shavers.

5. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Never tried one, but I have not heard a single good thing about them from people who have.

6. magic

magic New Member

Giovanni at Razor & Blade does not sell them. They are not meant for this market. I understand they are not made very well.

7. JayKay

Gio at Razor and Brush does sell Weishis, which are made for all markets. He doesn't sell the plastic razor but does sell a plastic Lord razor. I would suggest picking up something with more weight than a plastic razor.

8. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

I was thinking about picking one up as a novelty or as a travel razor. Nothing will replace my Fatboy as my "go to" razor. Apparently, they are not sold in the Western market at all. Too bad, if they were good at all they might have been a good newbie's razor. Polycarbonate is tough and might be a good medium for an inexpensive razor.

9. JayKay

The Lord Click is a $4 plastic DE. Sold at Razor and Brush.

10. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Gillette makes some all plastic DE razors as well. The one I used worked decently enough, but the lightness or the razor felt really messed up. I'd feel comfortable using it as a travel razor, but it wouldn't be the same.

It's kinda like plastic dinner knives. They do work, but they're just not the same.

11. Seamaster

Seamaster New Member

Treet's plastic razor (sold under the Wilkinson Sword brand in the UK) is well manufactured, widely available and (IMO) a good choice for a DE beginner.

12. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Here is, as far as I am concerned, the last word on the polycarbonate Weishi 2008 Series razors. From Giovanni Abrate at razorandbrush.com when I asked about these razors:

My interest in this razor has dissipated.

13. retrorazor

retrorazor New Member

The color schemes are fantastic from a Novelty point of view...I'd be interested in getting one as well!