Wet Shaving and Anxiety.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Legend In My Spare Time, Mar 23, 2017.

1. brit

brit in a box

yessir.awesome,de for me so far.

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

DE is still sharp steel which requires your complete attention.

3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I feel the same as most of you. The str8 has added another dimension. My guitar does the same thing, the only difference; I can spend as much or as little time with the activity:)

4. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Another shave, another Zen moment. Whipped up some creamy lather with Barrister and Mann, had my Pre-War Fat Handled Gillette Tech loaded with a Personna Lab Blue, and I got to zone out for a good 20 minutes. Pure bliss.

I'm sitting now and just feeling like everything is right with the world. :)

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. Legend In My Spare Time

Feelin' wonderful after my nightly shave. Another smooth as silk 2 pass with some touch ups. No irritation and I'm nice and zoned out. Life is good. :)

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Almost this exactly. I mostly shave in the evening, and it is a total period of decompressing after the day. But when I have an important day ahead, I like to get moving a little early, and have a good shave. It helps me feel organized and prepared; sets the tone for the day.

7. Legend In My Spare Time

Another great shave tonight. I was in the zone and feel wonderfully calm and relaxed.

I got my Soap Commander's soap-to-water ratio perfect tonight and really got this soap to shine. My DE easily glided across my face with zero irritation. This was probably one of my top 5 shaves ever.

Hope everyone else is having a good night :D

Keithmax and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I am happy to report a very "zoned out" shave tonight. It felt like the blade was part of my hand, and everything felt "right." Very good experience for me! [​IMG]

9. Bama Samurai

I got cut worse with a Cadet DE than I've ever been cut with an open blade.

10. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I really must be weird. To me, the enjoyment is the razors. Shaving itself, on the other hand, is just "Let's get the job done quickly, but cleanly." I keep hearing about people doing the Zen of Shaving, but it just doesn't click for me. The _longest_ prep, shave, and cleanup afterwards I ever had was about 15 minutes. The one from this morning was about three minutes, including whipping up the Arko.

Am I the exception?

11. Bama Samurai

Zen of shaving, with open blade, takes less than eleven minutes.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/index.php?posts/1226988

All razors are the same.