what are some good se blades???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by smitty, Apr 1, 2011.

1. smitty

smitty Member

im looking for some se razor blades that are good to shave with. so what the go to brands to try any tips where to get them. the store brand i was useing stopped selling them ty for your help

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Ted Pella and Gem Blue Star are the only SE blades for me Mang!

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

You can get good SE blades from CVS or Walgreens. But the Walgreens ones are more expensive. The Treet, Pal, and Gem Blue Star are all decent carbon blades. The Walgreens blade is stainless. The best in my opinion are the Gem baldes sold by Ted Pella.

Whatever you do, don't use the Dorco SE blades or any SE blades you find in a grocery store that is marked Made in Korea. Their DE blades are fine, the SE are bad.

4. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

You can get the same blades as the Walgreens ones on line here. They cost less, and have no shipping fee, but they do have a minimum order and charge you your state sales tax. I can get the same ones at my local ShopRite for even less, but I don't know if they all have them.

Medical suppliers like Ted Pella and EMS sell Gem blades in bulk. You can save money if you're sure that you'll use them all. They are not marked for shaving, but if you get the PFTE coated stainless ones with the .009" thickness, they are apparently the same as the Gem ones you'd get at Walgreens. I got a stock of what appear to be the same ones from an Amazon seller some time ago, but they don't carry them any more.

I also like the way the Treet carbon steel blades shave, but they don't last as long for me before they rust, no matter what precautions I take. A couple of smaller local groceries around here have them. I'm told that they are the same as the CVS branded ones.

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  5. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Yes, if you order from Pella, make sure you get the correct blades. They are 121-3. A lot of people say that they are the same blades as the Walgreen's blades. They are similar; however, the grind patterns are different. If you order from Ted Pella, you have to order 200 blades and the shipping can be a hassle because they won't ship to your door unless someone will be there to sign for them. You can order these blades from Razor Blades and More on from the TSD store

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

GEM PTFE coated blades from Connaught Shaving...That's where I get them from.

Billyfergie likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I can get Gem and Treet locally. I avoid Treet blades like the plague.

I've also ordered the Ted Pella Gem blades from the TSD store.
    The Treets I tried I picked up from a local grocer.

The Gem blade I get from ShopRite and the Ted Pella Gem look identical (except for packaging) and, in my opinion, shave identical, as well. Great blades.

8. smitty

smitty Member

lol i have all so learned that i do not like the Dorco SE blades

9. smitty

smitty Member

so what blade do most of yall get from Ted Pella im look to stock up but im not sure what to get

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

121-3.

11. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Yea; I'm jumping into the PAST..., & because of the SAFETY of the Past; I wanted to submit my assessment of "Treet" Platinum Super Stainless Steel Blades! "OUT-STANDING, & THEY ARE MILD!" (Wasn't that an old cigarette commercial quote?) :signs081:

12. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Gem & Pella are the exact same blade....Both are made by Personna and rebranded....The same goes for the injector blades...;)
    Billy..:chores016:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    Jayaruh likes this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I've tried clicking your first link - where you say you can get the same blades as the Walgreen's ones. Unfortunately I get a dialogue box asking for a password. Can you provide another means for checking it out?

Thanks!:cool:

Billyfergie likes this.
  14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I doubt it since the link is 4 years old and he hasn't been on the forum in 3 years.

Karl G likes this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:signs081: Hah!

Karl

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

17. hobbitofny

hobbitofny Active Member