What are you reading?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by oscar11, Nov 22, 2012.

1. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

"TKaMB" is already waiting on my shelf. Believe it or not, I had to read "A Clockwork Orange" in my sophomore English class . . . in high school. That's saying something for 1982.

2. rmcintyre84

Have you ever read Gene Wolfe's trilogy from the early 80's? "The Shadow of the Torturer," "The Sword of the Lictor," and "The Claw of the Conciliator." I re-read them every summer for about 20 years.

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Another that I regard as a classic is T.H. White's "The Once and Future King".

4. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I hate how it ended -.-

5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I consumed "Deadly Shores" in a day and a half. I will check out this "Off Armageddon Reef"

6. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

David Weber is the author. The series is referred to as the "Safehold" series. Off Armageddon Reef is the first book in it. He and Taylor Anderson did an interview a couple years back about how they each dealt with re-inventing firearm technology for their respective universes. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0451464389/?tag=thshde-20

7. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

By the way people, my friend, Rob Wood, has finally published his new book "Let's Scare Mom". I was a beta reader for this book and I know people will enjoy it.

Check it out on Amazon or wherever. You will laugh and maybe even cry.

8. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

I'm Reading "Count Zero" by William Gibson for the first time since probably the late 80's

9. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I am currently reading
    1) John Adams - by David McCullough
    2) The tipping Point - by Malcolm Gladwell
    3) The first three minutes - by Steven Weinberg
    4) The Nazi Hunters - by Charles Ashman
    5) Sailing around the world alone - By Joshua Slocum

10. Timelord

Timelord I get 12 times the shaves out my blades!

I recently picked up The Prometheus Deception by Robert Ludlum. It may be 14 years old, but it's topic is very current. This book is very entertaining and I think it ranks right up there with his best work. I'm loving the plot twists and turns.

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I haven't but it's now on the list.

Safehold series is promising. Off Armageddon Reef was pretty good. Love me some epic sea battles.

12. rmcintyre84

Uncle Tom's Cabin.

13. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I was speaking with a couple of my students about summer reading and asked them for some recommendations. I just downloaded Divergent to my kindle via the local public library.

14. rmcintyre84

Les Miserables and Reaching People Under 40 While Keeping People Over 60: Being Church for All Generations.

15. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm reading through the Honor Harrington series by David Weber now. Kinda like real Tom Clancy books but sci fi.

16. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm reading through the Honor Harrington series by David Weber now. Kinda like real Tom Clancy books but sci fi.

17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Hmmmm double tap.

18. DeathFromADesk

DeathFromADesk New Member

I'm on book 2 of A Song of Ice and Fire.

19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

What do you think of the books being Church for All Generations? That is a real dilemma in a lot of churches.

20. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.