What are you reading?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by oscar11, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Totally different kind of book...but you might appreciate "Fates worse than Death" by Vonnegut. It's pee in your pants funny and super insightful at the same time.

Darkbulb likes this.
  2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

"love In The Time Of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I'm 68 pages in. I think it's going to be a good book.

3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

"Hinge of Fate" by Winston Churchill. Fourth in a series about WWII. I'm somewhat of a Churchillianphile. And of course my Bible, several different versions. Love history.

Spud likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    The Forgotten Trinity by James R. White

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

"What are you reading?" ;)

BamaT likes this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Zero Day by David Baldacci. Baldacci is a very good author; I highly recommend his works.

image.jpg

Spud and wmbjr like this.
  7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Well, I just read this... :p

BamaT and Bama Samurai like this.
  8. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln.

Bama Samurai and Spud like this.
  9. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Have you read any other books of this sort? I love Marks Daily Apple, but I thought The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf is a lot more interesting than the primal blueprint. Mark's book dumbs everything down and he tries to tie everything into little stories about Grok and his caveman family. I think part of the issue is that I had been reading MDA for years before I tried reading his book and at that point there was no new information for me. Robb's book is more technical, with some good anecdotes. I think the science part of it is interesting, and when I have to recommend a book to someone that is skeptical of the paleo/primal lifestyle, I'd rather recommend the book written by a guy with a PhD in biochemistry.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Right now I'm reading 'To Live Is To Die" by Joel McIver. A sort of biography of Cliff Burton.

11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Interesting read….loaned to me by my big sister.

SafariScreenSnapz416.jpg

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I'm reading "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes."

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

"I remember having to read, "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" years ago as an assignment."
    "In high school?"
    "Why no....Elementary, my dear Watson."

:lyrtuy5:
    :scared003:

14. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Reading "The Girl with All the Gifts" now. Post-apocalyptic literary zombie fiction with a twist.

15. RayC1993

RayC1993 Well-Known Member

Lone Survivor.

16. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

James Rollins-"Devil Colony"

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Don Winslow - "The Cartel"

Bobcat likes this.
  18. mhari_dubh

mhari_dubh Active Member

The Silver Eagle Book 2 of Ben Kane's The Forgotten Legion trilogy

19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I wasn't familiar with this author, so I looked him up and the series you mention. Looks intriguing. What do you think if thus book and series?

20. mhari_dubh

mhari_dubh Active Member

I bought all three on a whim when I was in a small independent bookstore and it took me a couple of tries to get into the first book (The Forgotten Legion). It's good historical fiction, the main characters are well-developed and the author acknowledges in the notes any license he has taken with historical facts. To be quite frank, having recently watched Spartacus on Netflix helped me to get into it this time since part of my brain was already "in the world". I've just started The Silver Eagle and it picks right up from the first book.

Jasman likes this.