What are you reading?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by oscar11, Nov 22, 2012.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I'd forgotten all about that one! Haven't read it since my first year in college. I have no idea where my copy went.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I have to confess that I only learned about it within the past week. It seems like a good time for a reading, though... perhaps along with '1984'.

Erik Redd likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

Since political commentary is frowned upon here, I will just say that nothing is ever as bad as it may seem. Especially in the US.

4. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

5. RetLEO-07

Just started "Existence" by David Brin. Read "The Postman" many moons ago.

6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I'm reading "Fortunate Son. My Life My Music " by John Fogerty.
    Great book so far. I'm a CCR fan so reading about how all these great songs came to be is so interesting to me. After reading in the media how the other band members portrayed him, it's good to read his side of things.

PLAla and RetLEO-07 like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

:happy088:

8. hamoncan

hamoncan Member

Just finished American Titan, Searching for John Wayne by Marc Elliott & The Trident Deception by Rick Campbell.

Really enjoyed American Titan, now I want to go watch all the John Wayne movies I've never seen. Not sure what I've seen besides True Grit.

The Trident Deception was good enough to read (I don't hesitate to quit a book if I'm not enjoying it - happens a lot for me, esp with a lot of current pop fiction), the technical side of things reads very authentic which I enjoyed but the characters are pretty thin, it's a debut novel I think.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

9. hamoncan

hamoncan Member

I'd also strongly recommend the Inspector Montalbano series by Andrea Camillera if you come across them, especially the audio books.

I listened through most of the series on the Overdrive app through my library and couldn't have enjoyed them more.

10. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

upload_2017-2-16_20-16-24.png
    I watched the first episode of the BBC series and wasn't impressed. The book is much better, as is usually the case (except for superhero action movies)

11. RetLEO-07

Stagecoach, the Cavalry Trilogy- Fort Apache, Rio Grande and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon, Flying Leathernecks, They Were Expendable. That should get ya started.

hamoncan and swarden43 like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

eric bristow autobiography.

13. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

Taking Fire by Ron Alexander and Charles Sasser

14. hamoncan

hamoncan Member

Lol, thx. Unfortunately they aren't on Netflix, so I'll just have to keep an eye on the retro channel.

15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Don't forget The Longest Day, and my favorite, The Quiet Man.

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

If you've not read it, think twice. You'll never see the world around you the same ever again. It's the blueprint showing how to achieve 1984.

17. RetLEO-07

+1 I watch The Quiet Man every St. Patrick's Day

cmorris357 likes this.
  18. David W650

David W650 Active Member

HITLER A BIOGRAPHY by Ian Kershaw

Was at the library today and picked it up.

I'm not that big a fan of biographies, but I like the historian Ian Kershaw after I read one of his books on WWII.

19. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I picked up my daughter's copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone a couple months ago, and got completely hooked. :ashamed001: I'm on Order of the Phoenix now... I'm an avid reader, and I'll give almost anything a whirl. Some of my favorite authors are Stephen King, Cormac McCarthy, Jack London, and Joe Hill. I've read all the Song of Ice and Fire books, and The Chronicles of Narnia a few times through.

MoAllen likes this.
  20. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

+1 on the Harry Potter stories.

dustmite likes this.