What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Fine Snake bite AS and Polsilver SI blades

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Couldn't pass this up.........

s-l1600 (2).jpg

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I forgot I placed a bid on a Gillette Super Speed black handle, I'm not sure what I was thinking.

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I know what you mean.

Kizurra, MR41, ob1page and 1 other person like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Late night surfing eBay is extremely dangerous. [​IMG]

Kizurra, AGHisBBS, MR41 and 4 others like this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The Schick E1 is like hen's teeth. I've only seen two on eBay in the last two years. @Billyfergie has one from eBay and @Red Rider stumbled on a beauty in the wild, but other than those two, I haven't seen any. Now I have one headed my way. :happy036:

E1 underside.jpg

E1 topside.jpg

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Right on Karl. You lucky dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Correct, the gentleman quit making New Forest brushes in 2015. Too bad as they are comparable quality of the other British mfg but were considerably cheaper. I have had to been on my toes and or lucky to land the six I own as one of our other members collected them quite aggresively (he's got about 25+ if memory serves me).

9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Great score. Was that from the Bay then? I'm thinking a nickname is in order......"Clare"

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Kizurra, ob1page, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    That would be @Darkbulb
    I think they have fallen off his radar, now that he pretty much has every model produced.

I have three, and am fairly content with that. Though I wish Fido would decide to come out of retirement and start making them again. From what I understand, both he and the gentleman turning the handles for him decided to mutually retire. Fido was retired, and started making brushes as a hobby. He didn't expect to have it turn into a business.

He ended up keeping two of his own brushes. The very first one he made, and the very last one he made.

11. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I've always hoped he would sell some of his collection, at least the doubles....oh and give me first dibs:D

Kizurra, PLANofMAN, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You have no idea how many Schicks I've inspected in the wild looking for one of these babies. Nice find!

13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about injectors. What makes the E1 special?

Kizurra, ob1page and Karl G like this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It was the flat spring used that holds the base of the head tight with a blade in it. All the variations after that feature a rounded spring. :happy088: I had the pleasure of shaving with one and I can tell you they are super smooth - smoother than the E2 and every bit as close.

:thanks: It only took about 5,000 to 7,500 looks at postings coming in on my saved searches. :rofl:

Kizurra, ob1page, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  15. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I put in the 1st bid on a 15/16 Wade & Butcher For Barbers Use. Turns out it was the only bid. Patiently waiting for it to arrive for hands on inspection.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  16. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Does the E1 appear the same as an E2 from the top side? Wasn't Billy's E1 monogramed as well?

Kizurra, Drygulch, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Yes, it does. Same, "Made in USA" stamp around the horseshoe. There is a top side photo in my op above. :happy088:

The monogramming thing must have been a promotion since mine is monogrammed as is Billy's as is the sample picture in http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm. However, if I remember right, Red Rider's is clean. He really scored big time on his. :happy036:

Kizurra, ob1page, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Another New Forest brush. This one a Tubby 2 band super badger.
    [​IMG]"

19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Kizurra, RaZorBurn123, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  20. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Chiseled Face Santa Paula Orange and Midnight Stag.
    [​IMG]