What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jorvaljr and Edison Carter like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've never bought a new brush costing more $7. That said, I restore brushes worth 10-12 times that, but I don't keep them.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Just scored this trio...(naturally, I had to pick up the B&M soap to go with the AS...:p
    (Seller's pic)
    oRvEO3k.jpg

AGHisBBS, SHAVEWIZARD420, RyX and 5 others like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Had to go for this brush today and got it for a good price. I think it deserves to be restored as I like "Barbershop" type brushes and the knot looks either unused or hardly used. And according to the seller, it's about six inches in height, pretty big.............

s-l1600.jpg

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I too was watching this a figured if nobody bids, I'd put it back together ... You done good Jim!

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. jimjo1031

Thanks, it's got real good potential..........

Yehuda D and RyX like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The knot doesn't look that bad ... I'd pull the knot and see if it's good, strip it, clean out the hole and clamp the crack. Give it a finish and drop in a knot; but she's your baby. ;)

8. jimjo1031

I'm hoping I can remove the knot and fix the wood. Either by removing the wood first, or if I have to, fix it where it is. I'd like to finish it in as close to the original colors. Removing it would be nice tho.............

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Can't wait to see the results Jim. :eatdrink013:

RyX, Linuxguile and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. jimjo1031

Just hoping the wood isn't too brittle, but it looks alright.

Yehuda D and Linuxguile like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ordered four 18mm Finest badger knots.

12. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Coming soon in the mail:- Gillette Super Adjustable short handle P1 1970

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Ok not shave related, but for a good cause ...
    s-l1600.jpg
    It's Clopin the Jester from 1996 Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. A few years back my son was cleaning out old toys he didn't want, and one of these were in there. Well the cat saw it and must have thought it was a voodoo doll of me, cause she'd bit it and shake it. Years later its head is just about to come off, so I bought two, to replace it, off ebay. If it keep my attack cat happy, I'm all for it.
    IMG_0087.JPG

AGHisBBS, SpeedyPC, RyX and 6 others like this.
  14. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

100-pack of Gillette Silver Blue DE blades. I haven’t tried them yet but have read mostly good reviews. I’ve been using mostly Astra SP’s the last year with Feathers sprinkled in occasionally. I’m excited to try the GSB’s out. Only $19 if I don’t like them, which I doubt will be the case.

15. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I'll be watching for this one as you bring it Jim. I have an old wood handle brush that looks similar that was my grandfathers.

jimjo1031, RyX and Enrico like this.
  16. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Erg. I was waiting for three gold 3 piece Baili razors for giveaways. I got the package today.
    Ordered on Feb 18th, marked as 'shipped' on the 20th. On the 4th of March, I was informed by the seller that it wasn't actually shipped, because of Chinese New Year (then why was it marked?), and it was shipped on the 5th. First strike. So, the package finally shows up. I was suspicious, because it wasn't bulky. I opened it. It was _one_ razor (but it was the right model and Baili - no game playing there) Second strike. Unfortunately, it's not gold. It's silver. I already _have_ a silver. Third strike.

So, I've sent a contact through AliExpress, and we'll see what happens. If the guy just drops three in the mail by Thursday, I'll leave it be, but it'd better be quick.

17. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Update: Seller says he's reshipping, and purchase protection on AliExpress has been extended. If it shows up like it should, I'll probably even leave decent feedback on AE.

18. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Woke up to see that I snagged this last nite. Not sure what model since had limited pics. I suspect most likly unnumbered. Leaning towards adding a synthetic brush.

325420514121017kS.JPG

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Congrats ... the Cashmere or Timberwolf would look nice.

Edison Carter and jimjo1031 like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's a beauty! Good looking original knot, but won't know if it's usable until you get it in hand. Not a boar fan?

Cashmere is a nice knot and would be close in color to the NOS look though shorter loft. I haven't seen Timberwolf - APShaveCo?

jimjo1031 and Linuxguile like this.