What Blade Do You Use In Your Slim?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by theguitarshaver559, Mar 15, 2017.

1. theguitarshaver559

theguitarshaver559 Active Member

I use Astra SP blades in my slim. What about yall? I tried Pol Silver in my slim but it didn't work as good as the Astra SP blades.

2. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

For me there is nothing like a Slim loaded with a vintage carbon steel blade. I use Pal, Marlin, Don Juan, or Gillette Blue blades among others.

theguitarshaver559 and LOOT like this.
  3. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

LOOT smell'em wormhole. Noted.

4. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I only shave with gillette adjustables. I have maybe 7 different blades now. I use them all except the Wilkinson Swords, in any of my razors. I'm going to try and show some restraint and only change brands after a tuck is gone. That's harder than it sounds.

Granted I've used only 3 or 4 Swords. They all pulled and grabbed. The last blade didn't make it 3 swipes across my cheek before it was in the trash. Got no time for them. Too many great blades on the shelf.

theguitarshaver559 likes this.
  5. theguitarshaver559

I'm planning on trying Gillette Blue blades.

6. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

My experience with my Slim is that I can feed it about any blade and it will work fine. If it does not work in my Slim, it won't work in any of my other razors.

Dave

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Personna Blues

8. theguitarshaver559

Is it true the Gillette Slim Adjustable needs to be used with Gillette double edge blades? I'm asking this because I was seeing an old scan of instructions for Gillette Slim Adjustable and it said that the razor is designed to be used with Gillette double edge blades? Even if not, I'd still like to try Gillette Blue blades in my Slim.

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Personna blues or Astra SP

10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Every blade I use works fine in the Slim, but my favorites are Personna Lab Blues, Israeli Personna SS, Ladas, Voskhod, Various Rapiras and Astra SP.

11. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

The Gillette instructions are simply self promoting. I've never heard Gillette blades only. In this case...a DE blade is a DE blade.

However, in your honor good sir, I took my Slim tricked out with a Gillette Silver Blue blade for a ride today. 2 passes on 9 and some cleanup on 2. GSB's work great in my den. I went with Stirling Barbershop soap, aftershave, and balm.

No nics and ready for the day....at 11am.

RyX likes this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Pretty much whatever is next up. IMG_4448.JPG

Taipan and RyX like this.
  13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I use the same blade in my Slim as I do in the rest of my razors: whatever I have. Voskhod, Polsilver, Sputnik, BIC, Perma-Sharp, Shark, Gillette Platinum/GSB/all 7 o'clocks/Rubie, etc. etc.

dscaver likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Blade Randomizer?
    How many does it hold,
    and are they available to purchase?

15. theguitarshaver559

The instructions did not say to use Gillette blades only, it just said Gillette blades are recommended. I should said that in the original post.

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It's a blade dispenser. It holds 100 blades.
    http://etsy.me/2nevCFO

17. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

Huh?

18. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Gillette Rubie Platinum Plus; Iridium Super; Polsilver Super iridium. Going to try a Nacet next week.

19. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I've come the conclusion that with wet shaving, there are many, many wormholes one may travel down consuming time and $$$. Vintage blades is one I'd not considered. It's interesting though.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

:happy102:Most people use the term " rabbit hole "
    lol and don't refer to themselves in 3rd person.. :happy097: