What Deodorant are you using right Now?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by TraderJoe, Jul 18, 2007.

1. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I went through pit rash, I think it's the amount of baking soda, it doesn't match to the body's pH level. My wife is looking into making her own so we can customize levels of baking soda and scents. Until then I've gone back to using regular deodorant unfortunately. I cant deal with greasy pits from pure coconut oil and working outside in this heat I need all day power.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tuxxdk and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

you're probably right on the baking soda. But no greasy pits if you just apply, let's set a little bit, and then blot with a tissue lightly.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpeg Works great without a lot of 'bad stuff', and it's cheap!
    From their website:
    Contains ARM & HAMMER™ Baking Soda and natural plant extracts to absorb and fight odor. Essentials™ Deodorant does not contain aluminum, parabens, colorants or animal-derived ingredients. This fragrance is sure to leave you feeling fresh and clean with its blend of sparkling citrus, fresh lavender and soft florals.

• No aluminum
    • No parabens
    • No colorants
    • No animal-derived ingredients

4. richgem

I've tried it, I still stink ck with it.

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am glad I checked this thread out. I get terrible rashes from deodorants. I can use it for 2 or 3 days then BANG the red pits for days to follow. I will go try the coconut oil. I hope this will work.

Tom

6. simms623

simms623 Well-Known Member

I used to use Old Spice High Endurance soft solid but I can't seem to find it anywhere. The scents seem to smell different in there solid stick. I switched to Degree Extreme Blast antiperspirant/deodorant, I like it. A little tip from Lifehacker.com - Applying your antiperspirant in the morning, particularly right after showering, makes it harder for the active ingredients to get down into your sweat ducts and clog them. In the morning your sweat volume is typically higher than it is at night, and your antiperspirant will wash right off.

The night is the best time for application because your sweat glands are less active and your skin is drier. The effect of the ingredients usually lasts around 24 hours and will remain active when you shower in the morning because the pores will still remain plugged. So, if you haven't already, switch up your daily routine and add antiperspirant to the night shift.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

7. richgem

Let me know how it works for you. And a tip... a small amount will go a long way. You pits will initially feel greasy. Let the oil sit and absorb for a little while then just gently blot whatever hasn't absorbed with a tissue/towel/paper towel.

twhite and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Will do. Thank you for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey and richgem like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Richard

A little update, 3 days now and no sign of any rash. This is a good sign. Next Monday will be 108, so that will be a great test for the Coconut Oil. A plus is the nice subtle scent of Coconut. I really hope this works out in the long run.

Tom

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  10. richgem

Sounds good so far! Good luck! Let me know if you survive 108.

I should have mentioned above the if you do not want a coconut scent, get the refined version of the oil. UNrefined will have that nice coconut scent.

Douglas Carey and twhite like this.
  11. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

No i really like it. I smell like an Almond Joy. My favorite candy bar

Douglas Carey and richgem like this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Sometimes you feel like a nut.

twhite, Douglas Carey and richgem like this.
  13. Sir.$-Mad

Sir.$-Mad Well-Known Member

Ocean Surf Speed Stick. Probably the only deoderant I have that doesn't leave yellow stains on my white shirts.

Paul Turner and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

With 2 parts oil to 1 part baking soda, I too experienced some pit trouble. Mostly redness and itchy pits in my case.

When I remade the batch with half the amount of baking soda, the issues disappeared.

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy088:

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

+1 for the right guard sports gel.

As a plus, it is also very cooling for these summer months

17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

So I have been using the Coconut oil for several weeks now. I must say it is working pretty good. I have not gotten a rash and i do not stink. Thanks @richgem

richgem and Douglas Carey like this.
  18. richgem

I'm glad it's working out for you, Tom.

edit: now all you need is a lime and some rum... :happy069:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    twhite likes this.
  19. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Old Spice Swagger.

20. Spiez

Spiez Active Member

Mitchum Smart Solid/Greenwood Scent. Been using it for years, never let me down.

Spiez