What Deodorant Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Tweezak, Apr 19, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You sure that wasnt the Listerine talking? :p

chrisf8657 likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

GEAR--"by MEN-nen"

3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Aftershave of the day splash. Always good comments.

4. Paul Turner

I'm with you on that, Razor.
    Since I love Clubman for fall/winter(plus Bay Rum on occasion), I'll try to keep my deodorant as neutral as I can(but it must say "Men" on it). In the summers, I would probably go with Mennen Skin Bracer and Mennen Speed-Stick Regular.

5. richgem

6. Paul Turner

7. richgem

Meaning reactions to the frag oils (synthetic, no doubt)? Could well be.

8. Paul Turner

well, that I suppose, but I had in mind the names of "Swagger", "Gametime" etc.

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I have been using the "Best Deodorant on Earth" from RazoRock. I have to say, it works pretty well. I got the tea tree scent, but the scent is gone fairly quickly after putting it on. It just keeps me from stinking.

10. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

A good deodorant for me is something that doesn't have a scent or smell. It also has to be healthy for the skin and easy for the wallet. Hence, I make my own!

Coconut oil mixed with baking soda. Works for more than 24 hours of sweaty endurance for me.

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Refresh my memory please: what is the ratio of coconut oil to baking soda?

12. tuxxdk

I use 2:1 coconut to baking soda. Usually 1 dl of coconut oil (just ordered some scentless refined instead of organic) and 0,5 dl baking soda. And a small amount of Vitamin E, around 1 tsp. But I have absolutely no idea as to whether those 1 tsp Vitamin E is too much or too little?

I think even half of the baking soda I use here will suffice. I tend to get some redness under my pits with prolonged use, so my next batch will be 3:1 I think. Baking soda can, in greater amounts, be quite aggressive although still harmless.

13. rxshave

rxshave Member

+1

14. tuxxdk

I did just that. Works perfectly still and no redness.

Also, the refined coconut oil as carrier-oil is so great. Zero scent, just the way a deo for me should be.

15. Bill_F

Bill_F Well-Known Member

I want to reduce any unnecessary contact with aluminum as well, so only deodorant, no anti-perspirant. I use Speed Stick Ocean Surf by Mennen. I wouldn't mind an unscented option though. I may check out a few of the offered alternatives.

16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Have been using PAA CAD deodorant the past few days and I love the scent. It goes on kind of thick but it seems to work.

17. richgem

I've switched from Schmidt's to Primal Pit Paste as I like the texture better (not grainy). I'm currently using PPP sensitive/unscented, but I took advantage of a sale and bought a couple scents too.

18. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

There are a few shaving soap producers that also produce deodorants, including I Coloniali, DR Harris (Windsor in stick or Arlington in roll-on I believe), Irisch Moos. If you're really adamant on only smelling one thing. But then again, you would have to have an unscented shampoo, laundry detergent/softener and so on.

19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I use Neutral. Danish stuff, works great for me.

20. Bailiff

Bailiff New Member

I've been using the cheap Lynx/Axe line, and find that some of the scents complement my fragrances very well. Axe Anarchy is aromatic/woody, and goes well with Burberry Brit Rhythm Intense and the cheaper Adidas Extreme Power (which are similar). Axe Africa has been likened to Minotaure - I haven't worn the latter yet, but will get a bottle soon. The chocolaty Axe Dark Temptation can go with chocolate- or vanilla-based fragrances like Body Shop Chocomania, Body Shop Madagascan Vanilla Flower and Versace Eros (which turns into vanilla on drydown). Gatsby made a citrus-type deodorant years ago, but it was discontinued - this could go with similar EDTs like Clinique Happy, CK One Summer and 4711 Acqua Colonia Mandarin and Cardamom.

On the whole, however, the scent of a deodorant tends to vanish on me within ten minutes... I use deodorants to keep my lionpits from smelling (and it works), not for the perfume, and I go very sparingly when applying. So ultimately it doesn't matter if the deodorant's scent clashes with my EDT, since the former is gone by the time I step out. :3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015