What did you do today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by mrdrakeness, Feb 28, 2016.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yes. I'm an associate pastor at Living Hope Christian Church www.whyhope.org

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Nice.

Thanks for the link! I shall peruse.

swarden43 likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

4. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I bought a tool chest and organized all my tools. Now I've had friends in the past who have gone on and on about their tool chests and I never got it 'til now. You see, when you get enough tools that they outgrow your tool box, they end up all over your garage. Then you can never find them. To do any job takes 3 time longer than it should because you have to hunt down the tool you need. Buy you can't find the right tool so you end up using a Crescent wrench or vise grips because you can't find that really nice box end wrench you own that would be perfect. Eventually it starts to eat at you. So I finally broke down and bought a tool chest and now I get it. Altough I'm now a few dollars poorer, all my tools are organized and in one place again. A tool chest isn't about having lots of tools. It's about not feeling like such a slob.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

When you say "tool chest" do you mean a standing unit with a lot of drawers? Those a really good to have. We bought one, a number of years ago.

BigMike likes this.
  6. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

It's the perfect size for my needs. All 10 drawers are full, but not too cluttered. Well, maybe the big bottom drawer, I put a circular saw, two drills, a vibrating saw, and a router all in there!
    da2be1cc-e618-4f8e-a362-ffb84243dc4d_145.jpg

mrchick, Robyflexx and Sara-s like this.
  7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpeg
    Had lunch with my daughter at The Varsity today. For those that are unaware, The Varsity was opened in Atlanta in 1928. It is now the largest drive in restaurant in the world. It sits on 2 acres across interstate 75 from Georgia Tech, and on days when they are playing a home game, The Varsity will serve 30,000 people. They have car service for up to 600 cars at a time, and seating for 800 inside. They sell 2 miles of hot dogs, 2000 lbs. of onion rings 2500 lbs. of french fries and 300 gallons of chili every day.

barbersurgeon, mrchick and Erik Redd like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

My first "frosted orange with two dogs walking" was 15 October 1983, when Auburn came calling on the Yellow Jackets. I was with my father, he's a Tech alumnus.

9. cmorris357

If you get the grease in your system it becomes like the Vulcan mating cycle. You have to have it at least every 7 years or terrible thing can happen.

10. Bama Samurai

Your cardiologist is secretly cheering you forward!

cmorris357 likes this.
  11. cmorris357

I just hope I live long enough to be a burden to my children.

PickledNorthern and mrchick like this.
  12. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

I spent last night at a local brewery that was having a Beard & Moustache competition with a club I belong to. FB_IMG_1465707177170.jpg

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

At the risk of sounding dense, do at which/what?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How did you fare in the Beard & Moustache contest?

16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Oh. That was Billy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Is it safe to assume you are the only male Shave Den forum member in the pic?

Billy Goatee likes this.
  18. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

Yes it was me, proceeds went to Military Veterans Counseling Center.

Attached Files:

19. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Worked in local hospital O.R. today terminating fiber optic cables. The fiber is used to transmit probe camera views to large screen. Had to dress up in scrubs.
    A little different than my usual server or telco fiber connections.
    Had to do the install off hours at 8:00am Sunday. Was done in 1.5 hrs.
    Home before teen boys were up.

20. cmorris357

If they're like my teen boy, you could go to work, come home, have dinner, shower, and shave before they got up.