What do you use for Used Blade Bank?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I have very few doubts that my "blade bank" setup is the most trashy looking one any of us use...
    I basically just grabbed a carton months ago to toss the first blade in...and then laziness set in and it has become my "Used Blade Bank". Quite the eyesore :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone else? :)

2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

My kids always like to get me a pair of goofy underwear at Christmas. A couple years ago I received this:

image.jpg

The "bottle" is a large plastic replica of a Tabasco hot sauce bottle. The underwear came stuffed inside. Apparently it was also intended as a coin bank after removing the underwear, because there is a slot in the neck for that purpose. I took one look at it and thought "blade bank!". This has been my blade bank for the last 2 years - works great!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  3. Badger-Face

Badger-Face Well-Known Member

Old bandaid flip lid box. [​IMG]

4. Lutebro

Lutebro Well-Known Member

Mine buried way in the back. Love the barber pole!

[​IMG]

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Sorry no pictures, I use a clear "Old South brand" plastic spice(parsley flakes) container..The approx. dimensions are 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 8 1/2....While not very attractive,it is "VERY" functional,easy to use and secure....Beauty is unimportant to me as I keep it in my bottom vanity drawer..The flip top cap has a wide opening for easy blade disposal....When I finally fill the container it will be easy to glue or tape the cap shut very securely, punch a few holes in the sides to aid in blade oxidation and throw it in the trash, having it present "NO" danger to the garbage pick up men or anyone else who may handle it....
    I've used this container for about a year more or less and have filled it only about an inch high as of now...I anticipate many many more (6+) years of use before disposal and replacement....:)

Jayaruh and macaronus like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm expecting us to have hand-held laser-vaporizers by then so that I can just zap the garbage.

7. 178-bplatoon

:happy097:

pvtbanks likes this.
  8. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Larger sized vitamin bottle.

PatrickA51 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  9. 178-bplatoon

Do you put a slit in the cap or just unscrew it to dispose of your blades? If you put a slit in the cap, what tool did you use? :)

10. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I used to use a sucrets tin til I grabbed the white blade bank out of the travelling box. I'm using a straight most days now, so it should last a while.

11. whiskerlips

whiskerlips Member

An empty chicken broth can. I started using it over 4 years ago. It's just now getting too full to add much more.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  12. drew23

drew23 Active Member

I use an Altoids Smalls tin. Works great and I can look back on what my last blade was.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

This particular bottle came with a flip open section in the middle of the cap. So, I glued the main cap to the bottle and left the flap useable. When it's full, I'll glue down the flap and chuck it.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  14. FrankNJ62

FrankNJ62 Member

Empty Altoids tin.

45auto likes this.
  15. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

I bought a Spider-Man piggy bank at a dollar store for 1.79. It's a metal cylinder that looks like it's hold about 2litres (half a gallon) of liquid. I've had it for more than a year. I think it will be a decade until it's full.

jeraldgordon and 178-bplatoon like this.
  16. Ousider1

Ousider1 New Member

Empty large old bay seasoning tin can

178-bplatoon likes this.
  17. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

The house I was raised in had the disposal slot in the medicine cabinet. Now I use one of the commercial blade banks you can get for a dollar at just about any shaving supply website.

BigMark likes this.
  18. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

When I started I asked around at work if anyone had an empty Altoids tin. No one did but one person said she had a few of these left that I could have. So now I have one for "good" blades, one for "bad" blades and one for used blades.

[​IMG]

drew23 likes this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    blade_bank2.jpg
    It's an old hand cream container.

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor