What hairstyle would suit me?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, Mar 14, 2017.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

For you? Ah, no. For him probably.

mrchick and richgem like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Works with the tux, but I don't think he'll want to wear one all the time.

RyX, mrchick and richgem like this.
  3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

And no-one mistook you for sammy hagar when you had short hair either.

John Beeman likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have always had a five-head (now going on six) so between your thickness, hairline and generally symmetrical growth pattern, you're very fortunate and I think it looks fine as is!

5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

True, true. And there are so few really formal occasions any more. :(

swarden43 likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Yep, @Jayaruh got it right.

Jayaruh and RetLEO-07 like this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Only you can pull that one off

richgem likes this.
  9. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Thanks, I tried the fauxhawk today, but when i put the two sides of hair together, the middle looks a bit...weird?It makes my head looks like it has a tip in the middle. Should I use a comb?

Also, the very fist picture is my hair styled forward with product, but the general hair direction and growth points forward naturally as well. I've just made it... more forward for the picture haha.

10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Pix or it didn't happen. :D

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The fauxhawk looks best when the sides and back are cut short, and squared up (sides) rather than tapered.

The nice thing about the fauxhawk is that the hair can be worn styled down rather than up, and no one will know you have a fauxhawk.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  12. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Thank you! I will have a haircut tomorrow (student and cutting my hair myself) and cut the sides and back shorter. When the hair grow just a bit, will try styling it and post a pic!

13. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

Ok. so I decided to shorten the sides a bit and this is the result (I really like it):

20170401_164545.jpg
    20170401_164744.jpg

What do you guys think?

richgem likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

Better. If it were me, I would grow the top out a little, and flatten it on the top. Not a true flat top but less domed on top.

RyX likes this.
  15. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

What do you mean by flattening? Not having the middle crown bit pointy as it is in the second picture?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  16. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

17. DaltonGang

Yes, less pointy crown, is what I meant.

18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Twenty five years or so ago I took a Wahl clipper with no guard to my head, and haven't ever done anything else since then. It is no muss, no fuss, and I haven't spent two nickels on shampoo or product since. I also haven't paid a dime to a barber, which I figure has much more than paid for my shaving habit. It is just a thought, as long as any significant other approves of the idea. If you don't like it, in a month or so it will be pretty much back to where it is now.

19. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

So, what should I exactly do when styling it? Do it from backwards to forwards and keep it flat? What I did for the 2nd picture was style each side towards the center (right to left and left to right) to achieve that "fauxhawk" look, but as you see, when I do that the middle of my head become very pointy. Any suggestions?

Thank you :)

I would do that, but my natural head shape is oval and it simply wouldn't look nice if I did it.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  20. DaltonGang

Hairstyles are something kids have to figure out for themselves. All we can do is point you towards the directions we might like.
    The biggest objection for any style is No Top Knots. They just look silly, unless you are a Samurai Warrior, or in a cartoon.

richgem likes this.