What is the best drugstore ASB?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Rusty blade, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Most of my ASB products I have purchased online. Just wondering...among the myriad ASBs out there, which one ranks high on your list of drugstore variety ASB? I have been using Nivea Sensitive ASB and I have been quite pleased. Are there others you would rank high on your list?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. estes_mt

estes_mt New Member

I think Dove Mencare's line is pretty good.

Carbide Mike and Rusty blade like this.
  3. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Dove Post Shave Balm is my recommendation. It soothes and conditions my shaved face very well. I like it better than Nivea which I used previously.

4. Rusty blade

Is there much of a scent with Dove ASB? Can you describe it?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

To me, not much of a scent. Kind of a clean, soap scent.

Carbide Mike and Rusty blade like this.
  6. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I have been enjoying Axe Shield recently. It soothes and moisturizes pretty well and smells like coconut.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Gold Bond is AMAZING! And Axe Shield is really good too!

Robyflexx and Rusty blade like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Like you I have been using Nivea sensitive balm for years and years, way back into my cartridge days. I don't have anything else to compare it to. It works really, really well for me - moisturizing, faint hint of scent, and soothing.

Some folks have raved about TSD aftershave milk. I have some on order and can't wait to try it out! I would be willing to try the Dove as well but haven't come across it in the stores yet.

9. Rusty blade

Yes, I have read others that use Gold Bond cream as an ASB...is there much a scent? Does it dissipate quickly?

Robyflexx and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

Fresh, clean scented. Nice and healing, it dries in 15 seconds.

Rusty blade and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

12. PLAla

Is this the Gold Bond that is in the traditional yellow container or a different product from them?

13. RaZorBurn123

I use Gold Bold Ultimate
    image.jpg

14. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Never thought about Gold Bond. Have used and really like the Nivea and Neutrogena ASBs. Something in Axe gives me a near migraine every time I have used it or even when someone around me has recently put it on. No idea what it is that they have different, but it kills my head. The same goes for their body sprays (which are even worse for my head).

15. PLAla

I have some of that! It's a great lotion that I use in the winter a good bit. Never thought about using it as a balm. Nivea has always been my go-to. I'll use the Gold Bond on non-shaving days sometimes when my face feels dry. It certainly provides good protection and hydration.

16. RaZorBurn123

The Axe Shield I have is sensitive. Mild to no scent but pretty good.

wmbjr and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Carbide Mike, Paul6506 and Robyflexx like this.
  18. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion. No scent. A little different from their PSL. I use several others now, but, for me, the TPFL will always be the best.

Carbide Mike and Paul6506 like this.
  19. Rusty blade

I have been using Clinique Post Shave Soother for a while now. Fragrance free, and it feels great on my skin...especially in winter. A bit pricey for a drugstore ASB, but a small bottle seems to last forever.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........