What is the closest blade to Super Iridium???

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by CSL, Oct 24, 2010.

1. CSL

CSL Member

So.....Now that Super Iridium blades are no more, I'd like to get some opinions on which blades are considered to be the most similar to the Iridiums.

2. The fact that we say that a blade is higher than or similar to, and another is that 'our choice and our skin! Super iridium was nearly perfect, maybe I would buy again if I find a dealer in stocks! I have a little experience in the field yet, but reading the various book reviews and commentary on the internet, you speak very well of Kai blades, Gillette 7 o'clock, Personna red, Bolzano and if you have not tried yet ... for my part I suggest you also try the chrome strip diamant ...

3. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

7 oclock yellows are good so are feathers. I have about 70 Iridium in stock I will use them sparingly.

4. CSBudzi

CSBudzi Member

Wait what?

I thought that was still rumors....

5. CSL

CSL Member

Well, I notice that all the dealers I checked say the the Iridiums are 'sold out'. That leads me to believe they can't get more.

6. gagarin

gagarin New Member

Of blades still available, my experience is that 7 O'Clock Yellows are closest to the Iridiums.

Regards,

7. jgkeegan

jgkeegan Member

The Astras, I believe. I recently went from Irridium to Astra and I think I like the Astras better.

8. CSL

CSL Member

You mean the platinums, not the stainless, right?

9. mezz524

mezz524 New Member

I agree Gillette 7 o'clock yellow are the closest
    for me to the Super Iridium

10. CSL

CSL Member

Thanks to all of you for the input.

I appreciate it.

CSL.

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Also Perma Sharp Supers are very much like Iridiums...

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That just means wetshavers ran out and bought up what they could find after hearing the rumors.
    Don't know who is supplying the Iridiums, but it takes time to get re-stocked.

13. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

7 O'Clock Yellows!