What Is The Difference Between A British #66 And #22?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Stuggi

Stuggi Member

Mild/aggressive I don't care about, it's blunt that I have a problem with! :D

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

44?

tonich likes this.
  3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

:happy102

4. Bushranger

Bushranger Member

very quick Dave.
    so what are the differences between these DE razors that look like identical twins?

5. mr-razor

mr-razor Well-Known Member

For me the #22 and #66 are the same razors

6. Bushranger

Bushranger Member

wow! then it must just be the cases. Thank you Achim

7. brit

brit in a box

the only difference i can see is the early 4th gen aristocrats had "pat pending" inside the blade tray where the later ones in the later cases had the "brit pat" then the number.i have seen a few early 4th gen aristocrats in the small black #21 case.the earliest i have seen the small case design is in the U.S. New Bostonian set but dyed blue with gold trim..

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Old post, I know, but I think that in the early days, the # of the set may have also been a price indicator. The one piece aristocrat was introduced at 15/0 shillings, or 3/4 of a pound, before the switch to decimal currency. A year later, it was the "No. 15 set."

U.S. Gillette went that way for a moment, with the 195 adjustable. Sold for a buck ninety-five, nowadays better known as the Fatboy.

It's not something I've ever thought about. I'll have to look into it.

brit likes this.
  9. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

That applies only to #15 though. The late Aristocrat sets did not follow that pattern
    In France they had HD500 and HD750 set because of their price.

brit likes this.