What is the scritchiest, maybe even scratchiest brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by COMPNOR, Mar 25, 2017.

1. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I don't think so.
    But every face is different. What I may feel as soft and smooth may feel rough and scratchy to someone else. We hear it all the time with blades.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I gotta admit... Brushes are my area of experience that is smallest. My real advice...buy a synthetic for performance and ease of use

NCoxSTL and RyX like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Horse, but not necessarily all of them. Try a 35/65 mix (mane/tail). Those are pretty easy to find and very scritchy, which I like. I'm still looking for a 25/75 that I like as I know it will, no doubt, be even scritchier. Is that a word?

RyX, wchnu and Bama Samurai like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Got an Omega 10098. Took about two weeks of use to lose the wet hog smell and soften up. It's great on soaps and my two hard lathering creams. If you're looking for something soft on your face stick to badger.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Black badger
    IMG_0192.JPG

I have a couple brushes that had catastrophic failures that I salvaged and re- knotted with black badger very scritchy! I'd be willing to pass the Hardright (on the right) to you no charge; I rather have used than sitting on my shelf. Never been used since prior to re-knotting. Shoot me a PM.

swarden43 and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Omega 40033

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Let that boar break in some more. I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between my Omegas and my silvertip in a blind lathering test. Yes, they have gotten that soft.

8. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

It seems every week to get a little softer Steve. But truth be told, a little scritch doesn't bother me. And as I said it's great with soaps.