What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

richgem likes this.
  2. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Spent most of the morning reloading - getting ready for a match tomorrow. New load: 24.2 gn Benchmark for my 5.56mm/.223 Colt National Match rifle. Tested just fine at the range a little while ago. Suppose to be around 20 deg F at match time - should be fun (he said sarcastically).

Reloading1.jpg
    Reloading.jpg

DaltonGang, MR41, Troy M and 2 others like this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I applied for a couple of jobs...

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

May you be blessed with the one you want.

wristwatchb and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Troy M and cmorris357 like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Exhaust right behind the cat rusted clean through last week so the car has sounded like crap (kids think it sounds great, what do they know). Between weather, work and money, haven't been able to get it into the shop. Crawled under today and one split tin can, hose clamp, giant Panduit zip tie, heavy steel wool and a ton of duct tape later, it's quiet. A tenuous, temporary fix but it'll hold until I get it into the shop. This car repair minute brought to you by...

[​IMG]

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I told you to stop feeding the cat jalapenos, but did you listen?!

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Had a great workout at the gym

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

My wife has a lot of vintage sewing machines and I'm learning to repair them as my rates are a little cheaper than the guys at the shops. I decided that I ought to know how to sew a little so that I can understand better about how to adjust, maintain and repair them. So I'm making a quilt for my bride. 3 hours in front of a Singer 301 is back aching work.

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

In the morning I spackled a couple of spots on the kitchen wall. I will paint over them a bit later. After that, I went over to the archery range to put together a shelf unit and put an assortment of things on it, in an organized manner. The fun part was using the rubber mallet, to make to legs go into the holes.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I installed a new output jack on my wife's favorite bass guitar.

12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Shower and shave-head and face with my r41; it was great. Changed the oil in my truck. Paid Bills big enough to be Williams( little humor...very little). And made a big pot of Gumbo with enough sausage it to choke a horse.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Took the girls for a walk in the woods. Tried out the Face Watch Compass trick, works like a charm (assuming the sun is out).

AGHisBBS, BigMike and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I honed three Straight Razors, washed the truck, played with my daughter and her new puppy. I Ate Barbeque for lunch and dinner, and spent all day with the family.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and Erik Redd like this.
  15. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

Got up early & rode my motorcycle to lunch... 350mi.

16. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0188.JPG
    Sharpened my EDC knife(Buck Spitfire).

17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Re-seasoned my four cast iron skillets yesterday. 10, two 8's and a 6.

AGHisBBS and shoe13950 like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Shaved my face.

19. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Me too!

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Our food processor smoked the original switch so I looked online to find that the parts were no longer available. I determined that it needed a spdt switch, and I ordered one from a dealer on EBay. When the switch came I had to figure out how to wire it, and I soldered it into place. Food processor now works great again! Yes I know that a food processor is rather inexpensive, but now I am king and ruler of this one!!!