What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

ate deer jerky, drank beer and watched football ... that's all i did manly today
    :eatdrink013::eatdrink013::eatdrink013::eatdrink013::eatdrink013::eatdrink013::eatdrink013:

Enrico, BigMike, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

?????

So, your husband did the cleaning of the fridge?? Did he use any power tools??

3. DaltonGang

Awesomely manly. :happy088::happy088:

LuvWetShavin likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nope, just lots of elbow grease. It’s grease; it counts.

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Power washed the dern thing inside and out. :rofl:

Sara-s likes this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I was visiting family today and they decided they wanted to take us to lunch, but per usual they we're having a hard time deciding where. They asked me to choose. Made a choice, called ahead, and they promptly overrode me and went elsewhere. Went along with it, proud I got them to make a decision.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and Metro like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Tore down cleaned and repaired an Oreck XL Gold vacuum. My son was going to throw it out and I told him to give it to me. Need to order a new switch for it, but other than that and installing a new bag it'll be like new.

8. DaltonGang

The past couple of generations have no concept of repairing things, themselves. If it's broken, they just toss it.
    That's how I've acquired free lawn equipment, a chainsaw, and a barely used 6500 watt generator.

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I owned a house for 14 years and never bought a lawn mower. They were all curbside specials. :D

I look at the term "used" as "previously enjoyed".

AGHisBBS and DaltonGang like this.
  10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I worked on forging metal with a friend. He's a bladesmith and was looking for an apprentice, I was always asking questions so he asked if I wanted to learn..only one answer to that question.

Btw holy crap a 4 lb sledge hammer gets heavy fast!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm not sure it gets manlier than that unless you're blacksmithing while wearing the skin of a lion that you killed yourself.

jeraldgordon, AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

To say that I'm interested does not even begin to describe how I feel about it. The nerdy side of me wants to learn the metallurgy and the manly side like building stuff. Plus it will improve my guns ;-)

There is definitly form involved which was the main thing I was focusing on yesterday but who would think it takes so much effort to make a round bar square then make it round again lol. I truely had a blast but it fatigued me faster than expected.

Eventually a straight is in the plans!

AGHisBBS, Enrico and richgem like this.
  13. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

Rear brake job and rotor replacement on a 99 Isuzu Trooper.

AGHisBBS and Stu929 like this.
  14. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Love the ability to do brakes! 2 years in a row on a trip for thanksgiving worked on my sister in law's car. The 800 dollars break job was a 30 min 50 dollar pad swap. Rotors and calipers were fine. Next year it was a water pump and something else but the 1500 estimate was 2.5 days of my time but only like 150 bucks in parts.

AGHisBBS and Enrico like this.
  15. CaseyS

CaseyS Active Member

The older I get the less fun it is but you're right, you sure do save money. I can't even imagine how much money I've saved over the years.

Stu929 likes this.
  16. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Trust me fun wasn't exactly in my vocabulary when I was removing a radiator fan and water pump Thanksgiving weekend. But the satisfaction of it being done and saving them a boatload of money that they didn't have in the first place made it worthwhile.

CaseyS likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I trekked out in the snow, to give archery lessons at my club.

AGHisBBS, sdguero and Erik Redd like this.
  18. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I was part of a group of folks who went to rake leaves for a 91 years young lady of our church.
    She has a huge yard, and she had 75% of it done already, then helped us with the rest.
    She also roller skates on a regular basis!
    She is amazing. I hope to have half her enegy if I make it to 91!!

AGHisBBS, sdguero, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  19. DaltonGang

I took some Hot Chocolate to a homeless lady at 1:30 AM. It was 29 degrees and she was freezing cold. She refused to go to a shelter. She lives in the middle of a huge parking lot, under an umbrella, wrapped in plastic.

Eeyore, AGHisBBS, sdguero and 6 others like this.
  20. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Replaced a shower faucet, with only 1 trip to the hardware store and that was to buy the faucet :happy108::bath:
    Then I bought tools for another project.

AGHisBBS, sdguero and Sara-s like this.