What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday, I went for a shoot and then stopped by the hardware store on my way home. Bought some pipe insulating foam, because you can cut it to length and use it to cover your bow stabilizers. (This keeps them from getting scratced up, in your bow case.)

AGHisBBS and Bookworm like this.
  2. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Decided to get off the couch today and change the tires over. Time for the studs to go into storage for the spring/summer. Found out when I unbagged the summer tires, Honda wrote RF on two of them. WTH.
    I think I got em right. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Threw out some clutter from the apartment....I've taken to do this each Sunday. I must admit, what got me going with this was all the "clutter" my sister and I had to get rid of from our Mom's house.

AGHisBBS, Enrico and Sara-s like this.
  4. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Back to 12 hour workdays after taking a week off to nurse my wife. She had a total knee replacement last Monday. Today was only 10 hours as I took her to the Doctor and physical therapy.

5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Took the trash to the curb.... (I have a slipped and herniated disc in my lower back, so it was a feat for me.)

AGHisBBS and Erik Redd like this.
  6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Lots of yardwork, concreted up a birdbath, helped my son fix a flat on his bicycle and cooked up a pork loin and rice.

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Impressive @Troy M.

Troy M likes this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Dug up the wife's small garden and fixed the water hose for her- mothers day tomorrow gents.

9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Assembled new deck furniture (one piece 3 times, finally getting it right on 3rd try...), cut up big cardboard boxes for recycling, installed new line in weed trimmer, used weed trimmer, walked the dogs, and watered my wife’s flowers!

10. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Active Member

:love029:
    Being an awesome dad... the manliest thing you can do!

Enrico, James_P, AGHisBBS and 4 others like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I went with my wife and 11 yr old daughter, to celebrate mothers day with the mother in law. It was at a "Tea Room". OMG, it was like getting your teeth filled. I was there to keep the 11 yr old from climbing the walls. 2 hrs later, my daughter and I bailed, and went shopping, while the others stayed and chatted. :scared007:

Enrico, AGHisBBS, Jostalli and 5 others like this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy096:

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and Screwtape like this.
  13. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Slipped off a ladder helping clean eavestroughs, broke my leg, and joked with the ER staff about it.

Oh, and played with the hospital bed controls while thinking of that old Ray Stevens comic song "Power Tools" :)

Enrico, BamaT, Bama Samurai and 7 others like this.
  14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I hope you heal quickly. :happy088:

15. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

That would be the Manly Thing to do, wouldn't it? ;) Btw, I think you're getting your Manly Thing card punched every day facing down the cancer. I continue to pray the battle goes welL.

Enrico, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Enrico, AGHisBBS, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Good to see you around, Doug. I think of you often, and you are in my prayers. Happy to see you popping in.

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks very much for your prayers Jared.

19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I spent part of the day with the family, took the kid and wife out of the house to my folks, and did 120 board feet of table saw cutting to be able to rebuild some frames.

Enrico, AGHisBBS, Jostalli and 3 others like this.
  20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Fixed some door hardware that wasn’t working. Yeah, I know, not that manly, but it’s the door that leads outside to the big green egg, so the detour to the patio made grilling a decathalon event this weekend. Now door and grill are ready to roll.