What The Hell?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I know the used razor market has been pretty hot lately, and this is certainly a beauty, but you've got to be kidding me! :eek:

Click Me

2. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

I smell a rat.

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I need to start listing some razors on eBay soon! ;)

4. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Condition, condition, condition.
    Any collectible that's like new with the original packaging will bring more then the razor alone.
    Remember the $500 Toggles.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

But this isn't even NOS, it's just nice condition. Something doesn't look right with this auction.

6. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Ouch.

This doesn't look good for us noobs!! I may just have to settle for my Polish aluminum and call it a day. :(

Maybe move on to Porsches.

7. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

NOS for that would be with the Vest Pocket Encyclopedia of Baseball and a paper wrapper around the entire thing (assuming they went straight from manufacture to store shelves).

Someone was asking about it across the street a week or two ago when he saw it at a flea market. Asking price for that was $65.

This looks just like the red tip I bought through here.

8. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Looking at the bidding history.....classic case of shilling at its finest.

9. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Did I pay too much? :confused:

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Well, I won't claim to be an expert on razor prices because it's too liquid of a situation, but I have a closet full of razors that are far less common than a Red Tip that I paid a lot less for.

In short, yes.

11. mmack66

mmack66 Member

LOL. I didn't buy it.

12. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Hey, stop that kind of playing around! :rolleyes005

13. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I don't see it as that far out of the ordinary. Perhaps 25-30% more than I would expect but that can be from a bidding war or someone needing a cased red tip to complete a collection, etc.. It also looks like a poacher stepped in at the last second and bumped everything up $20.00.

14. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Big stinkin rat I'd think. Sure makes it hard for us newbies to figure out what's what out there. Evilbay scares me anyway.....

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am no expert but that looks strange to me. and i look at a lot of auctions over that way.
    Fuzzy

16. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Most were sold on racks with just the case. That is why the cases have little slots on the backside where the slid up and off. That last NOS sets I saw were in the $50-$60 which had the sealed blade packs

17. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

Makes me wonder about the one sitting in a case at my Mother-in-laws house....

18. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

If there was ever a reason to kiss up to the Mother-in-law.....

:happy102