withdrawn

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fram773, Apr 2, 2014.

?

Which razor has the lowest learning curve?

1. DEs

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. SEs

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Injectors

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

withdrawn

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Since out of the three Injectors give me the worst shave I'd have to say they have the highest learning curve...Although I couldn't vote this way, the learning curve for DE and SE were both very intuitive and similar for me...:shaver

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

After shaving with a cart for 34+ years, all 3 have had a low learning curve.

HolyRollah likes this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

...and compared to learning to competently wield a straight razor, all 3 are considerably lower curved.
    Single-edged razors are probably to me the easiest to figure out, so I chose SEs. I've very little experience with injectors.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. SDK

SDK it's his fault

This! :signs011: Even the amount of years is about right lol.

My unsolvable issue with cartridges is that my beard is too thick for them. Two inches into a pull and they start to clog. This left me scratching over the same area multiple times and spending more time unclogging than shaving. I always kept a dedicated toothbrush on hand to dig my beard out from between the blades. Having said that, never really had any technical issues with cartridges.

DE shaving was a relief from the first try, and I had the hang of the technique enough to enjoy it in about two shaves.

Relax, inhale the nice scents, go easy on the pressure, keep a consistent angle and no worries....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Blaidd and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. SDK

SDK it's his fault

Straights are my next project. Expecting those to take a bit longer to get the hang of.

I have already been perusing the Whipped Dog website and spending entirely too much time lurking in the TSD Straight Razor forum...

7. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

Injectors.....But Type I and below. Above the Type I (Type G & E) can take a little more care. The Type A & B have a very strange and at times hard to find angle. If you don't hit the sweet spot they will either burn you or do absolutely nothing. In my experiences with them.

fram773 likes this.
  8. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Super Speeds & Techs are what I learned on as a youngster and I don't recall any particularly difficult learning curve, but the mild nature of those razors was definitely a good thing for me.

One of these days, I swear, I'll get around to trying some of those beautiful butterscotch handled Schicks as well. :D

9. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

I don't think any are inherently more difficult. Whichever one you start with will have the greatest learning curve, using the others will build on whatever you've already learned with the first.

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, I have to agree. Injectors have it.

11. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Injectors - IF any of the currently available blades work for you. Nothing I have found is sharp enough, so I can never quite get a satisfying shave. But they are definitely a good design!

12. Blaidd

Blaidd Well-Known Member

I gave up cartridges and went with a Star SE that was my grandfathers. The biggest learning curve with it was learning where to find decent blades. As for my r89 DE, I seem to have had more trouble with the angles and blades than the SE. As for pressure, I can put more with my R89 than my Star.

13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I don't think their is much of any difference between any of them. No pressure is no pressure. Straights are a different story.