What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ram57, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

My friend back in St. Louis had this same routine after knee replacement. He hated it but now can walk so well worth the effort put forth.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  2. DDP Yoga-I gave up the gym, it isn't for me. I used to be into lifting(HS football coach/former Offensive lineman) and did a ton of cardio via basketball. However, at 38 I just don't see the point of tossing around a ton of weight anymore. This yoga kicks my butt, I'm losing weight, and am never sore. Also, my flexibility is at an all time high and my back pain is gone. Google it, it's just an amazing program.

Metro, ram57, Dzia Dzia and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I had the left knee replaced last December. It was very hard until I started going to the gym. I didn't rehab so well back then. They sent me to a nursing home that was like being in the movie "One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest." This time it's home therapy and after only a week after surgery I'm walking on my own with the support (not use) of a cane. Those are the exercises the therapist gave me this morning. My surgeon has already ordered out-patient therapy. I have the same attitude with home therapy as I had when I started going to the gym back in February. Work thru the pain. My whole circle of family and friends has noted I'm probably a month ahead this time.

ram57, Norseman and Boojum1 like this.
  4. ram57

Well good for you. Your hard work is already paying off. Hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  5. Dzia Dzia

Thanks. Looking forward to getting back into the gym and out on the golf course. Shaved 8-10 strokes last time hoping this will shave a few more and get me into the 80's on a regular basis.

ram57 likes this.
  6. ram57

You'll be competing with Tiger in no time!

7. Dzia Dzia

I think Eldrick Tont Woods is done.

ram57 likes this.
  8. ram57

25 minute on recumbent bike followed by 20 minutes on treadmill. Ended workout with 25 minutes in sauna.

9. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Today I needed to decompress a little more than usual. Been working long hours and skipping exercise since last weekend. So a nice 50min bike ride to the lake to watch the boats, then back home did 30min abs workout. Now I feel great!

ram57 likes this.
  10. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I had a wonderful workout yesterday. It was just my regular back workout, but everything clicked and it felt great.
    But I really should supplement this weight workout with something else. I'd like to run, but I have shin splints up to my ears and have to take it slow. But I guess that is the answer. Start running again, and go slow.

ram57 likes this.
  11. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I had shin splints awhile ago and the only way I got rid of that was to avoid running for almost a year! In then meantime I did a bunch of different cardio exercise such as biking and swimming.

ram57 likes this.
  12. Norseman

I have not gone running for closer to 20 years before starting up again this spring. I cycled, walked and kayaked for my cardio needs.
    For me that is not sufficient. I need to run

ram57 likes this.
  13. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I hear you. Exercise in my favourite form is like a drug!

Norseman and ram57 like this.
  14. ram57

Hammer rows x3, wide grip pull downs (front) x4, seated long cable rows x4, Close grip pull downs (back) x4, Close grip reverse pull downs x 4 (all progressive weight)

Incline dumbbell curl x 4(progressive), Run the rack dumbbell curls 37.5, 35, 32.5, 30, 27.5, 25lbs. Each set done to failure then grab the next lower weight no rest between sets, Scott Curls x4 (progressive) Behind Head Cable Curl x4 (progressive) hammer Curls x4 (progressive)

Ended workout with 20 minutes in the sauna.

Norseman likes this.
  15. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Yup. Three more hours walking around town toting +/- 20 pounds of books.

ram57 likes this.
  16. ram57

no workout today as I'm waiting for my granddaughter to be dropped off as she is visiting this weekend

17. Norseman

You know you had a great day at the gym when you leave feeling tired and refreshed after a solid workout.
    It is probably due to the ACDC playlist that has been playing for the last two sessions

ram57 likes this.
  18. ram57

No workout for 3 straight days. Though back at if for a short time I can feel the sluggishness today. Though it was worth it as I had the pleasure of my 6 yo granddaughter for the last three days. Will hit it hard again tomorrow.

19. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Two hours, plus a bit, walking around town and campus with 20 pounds or more of books. Hooray for school.

ram57 likes this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    You need to patent this routine. :happy096:

ram57 likes this.