What year is this razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Trickson, Feb 26, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The ORIGINAL safety razors were SE you know.....

TobyC likes this.
  2. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Pardon please, but the prototype shown is a double ring. The razor he has is a single ring. Maybe a franken gillette?

upload_2018-2-28_10-26-3.png

3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

The razor he has is a fake ball end, it's not Gillette!

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Trickson , this is the first time I have seen you post. Good luck finding your oldest Gillette. It took me a few years to get my Singled Ring and then later my Double Ring Gillette. They are great shavers. You should go to the Welcome Center and introduce yourself so you can get a proper welcome.

zwelcome1a.jpg

5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I find it interesting how they have HUGE gaps in the 'DE' period, then several cart variations in 18 years. Three razors in 57 years (hah), and then one razor in the 41 year gap, then four in 18. "See, See, we're innovating now!". What I take from it is "We couldn't really improve things in the first 60 years, so we had to make a change instead."

6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Reminding people about the Techmatic I'm not sure helps matters.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Well, it was a radical change at the time. I mean, they also included the Toggle, instead of a gold Adjustable.

jmudrick likes this.
  8. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Sheesh... Look at that timeline. We were doing OK with Razor evolution until the 90s really ruined it when they decided to put a third blade on, and it went down hill fast. Looks like darn cheese graders now.