What you might not know about The Shave Den

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dridecker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks for posting this Bill.

Thank you Sparky and JoAnna, not only for making this place such a great place to hang out, but for making this place possible. :happy096

2. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Hi another newbie and I just received my first order fromThe Shave Den Store. Shaving creams and soaps.

::lam::lam::lam
    Thanks to Sparky for getting me activated so I can access this excellent blog; it took several tries for this to work so I didn't make it easy. I am enjoying the threads.:happy005

3. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

While there are more than just one who make this site worthwhile my heart belongs to Moi.:love055:love055:love055

4. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Needless to say, I love this site and thanks to Sparky and the Queen for making it a great learning session. I am still discovering how to navigate (my problem) and find it a treasure trove for all things shaving.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

So since this thread was started and I found out that purchases made at the TSD store help fund the site, I decided that I needed to contribute and so I just bought a few items from the TSD store. I am eager to try out the TSD Monkey Farts shave soap and matching scent A/S. Also picked up some Florida Water soap to go with my FW cologne, and of course a 100 gram alum block.

One question though; why does TSD store not carry any brushes?

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Thank you Sparky and JoAnna! You guys rock!:happy088

7. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

well done! Sparky and Queen of Blades have both been very helpful to me with no strings attached. And TSD has a homey feel to it that both of them obviously put their efforts into nurturing. Thanks!

8. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

First off, let me tip my hat to Sparky and JoAnna for their selfless giving of this great site. It has benefited numerous people by the offerings of all things shaving and beyond. I suppose their dedication to a smooth operation has instilled the dedication to such a great art form, so to speak, of an era gone by. I would have changed back to the DE shaving even if I had not found this site, but would not have enjoyed it nearly as much without being able to seek advice and donate advice. I must include the vids from Mantic for propelling my desire in the old fashioned shaving arena as well. So, without further adieu, I personally would like to offer a heart felt Thank You to our two founders for having such a great place to share and be a part of. I also want to give a bow to our Moderators as well for keeping us pointed in the right direction and offering assistance when needed. Thanks you guys!

9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I second those emotions and about Bill as well...And a special thanks to Bill for "Pulling Our Coat Tails" as to whats going on around here...I guess it starts with you guys and then the core group and now the regulars...Man congratulations...you've been very successful at putting together a very warm and comfortable place for all of us to relax and feel at home. Thats no mean feat but you pull it off with such grace and the appearance of ease...I and we are in your debt, thanks again...

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ohhhh, Bill is a Prince of a man! :)

11. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

I'm happy to see a few people who are willing to go to such lengths just to give Micah a place to post his silliness and such. Keeps him off my back... well, not really. :happy097 :1respect :happy088 :happy096

12. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Please accept my appreciation to Sparky and Jo Anna for their efforts and I have enjoyed lathering my way through my last order from the SDS. Best regards, Doug

13. Grizzley-1

Grizzley-1 Member

Yes a BIG much abliged to to JoAnna and Sparky-I love this place

14. moz68

moz68 Well-Known Member

Mucho Grande Thanks to JoAnna and Sparky!!!

15. El Judio Afeitado

El Judio Afeitado New Member

I've done my bit!

I just received an order of cologne and AS milk from Her Majesty. Well done! :happy096

We're helping each other and it works. I'm getting advice and insight. And A#1 quality custom-made fragrances! This afternoon I got a marriage proposal on account of the scent I was wearing. OK, the proposal was from the 800-lb computer gorilla who is one of my housemates. But it was the thought that counted. Not to mention the aroma!

I'll be back for more! :signs021

16. Kojak

Kojak New Member

I had no idea who really ran this board until reading this thread. Thanks for the effort and the forum and the kindness and the store.
    I will be a customer in the future, but for now I have to stop spending money on shaving stuff before my "Queen Of Blades" takes my head off. :D

17. sffone

sffone Member

Sparky and JoAnna, you are very much appreciated. This truly is the best shaving board anywhere!

18. rswafford

rswafford New Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but want to add my thanks as well. I'm just getting started, and have a feeling I'll get a lot of good information from you all. I've mod'd boards in the past and know how much work it can be...thanks to everyone involved, especially the good folks in charge of keeping the server online and happy!

19. Daniyel

Daniyel New Member

Good content

I must say this is a great forum I have ever visited. I love to read posts that are informative and actually have good content. Thank you for sharing your experiences and I look forward to reading more.I also like the perspective you brought to this subject. Its like you have an insight that most people haven't seen before. Keep it up

20. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Welcome to TSD! As you have found out, this is the best wet shave board on the planet!