What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Agree - a small amount goes a long way. We have a specialty grocery store not far from where I live. If they don't have it - then I'm going to order it. When they say there's a secret ingredient - well this is one of those secret ingredients. As someone who cooks a lot - my mind is formulating all sorts of dishes right now using this ingredient. I can think of several pasta dishes that would be wonderful with this added flavor.

Bama Samurai and Carbide Mike like this.
  2. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Have a old Starbucks coffee grinder I use as a spice grinder. Does work well !

Bama Samurai likes this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

My money is that they rubbed truffle infused olive oil on the steak... Were I to blind guess.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Totally. Do you cook Indian food or the like, where fresh ground spice is essential to the art form?

Carbide Mike likes this.
  5. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

If you ever watched the Honeymooners, I am " The Chef of the Future ". Love that episode. !

jimjo1031, Col C and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Osso Buco - Yum Yum :):eatdrink047:
    [​IMG]

Col C, Bama Samurai and Carbide Mike like this.
  7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

The chef - who I interrogated after the dinner - said he sprinkled the porcini dust lightly on the steak.

Bama Samurai and Carbide Mike like this.
  8. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Not much for Indian food. I have lived in many countries over the years and I like to think I have a fairly educated palate - but I just do not like curry.

9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Traditional Osso Buco is wonderful. I often do an Osso Buco style chicken that comes out great. Easy to make as it sits in the oven for hours - great on a Sunday afternoon with football games on the tv.

SpeedyPC and Carbide Mike like this.
  10. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I bought some porcini powder today. The specialty grocery store (great store they have all sorts of weird stuff) had it in bulk - you take a little and they weigh it. $27 per pound - I just bought a couple ounces. Going to try a little bit in a beef stew this weekend and then on a steak next week.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Sloppy Joes and French fries

Bama Samurai and '65 G-Slim like this.
  12. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

The wife is out of town on business for the week so I'm free. Local restaurant has all you can eat pasta tonight - heading out soon.

BigMark83 and Carbide Mike like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Going out with Herself to meet friends for dinner at a local Chinese place. Unknown at this time what will be for eats, but it'll be good. We've eaten there before.

14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Tonight Herself was working late, so a chicken pot pie from a local supermarket was on the menu. Chased it down with a nice Snapple Peach iced tea.

15. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Wife made crock pot chicken tacos, and they turned out fantastic!

16. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I've got a pork loin marinating in some balsamic/oil and spices, haven't decided what's with it. Probably some baby reds and steam some carrots or broccoli.

17. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Well, it's not too late to make a grilled cheese sammich...

18. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Hobo dinner?

Hey. OT, but I watched that film about Bozo Texino you linked me to. It was pretty interesting. Different, but I started it just to see what it was, and didn't shut it off. It was sure some cool production/editing.

19. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Getting ready to put together a lemon, garlic, cream sauce to put over linguini and will then add 5 or 6 pan seared sea scallops to each dish. As requested by SWMBO. Actually a simple quick recipe that works with shrimp as well.

20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Chirashi
    [​IMG]

BigMark83 likes this.