What's the best soap you've ever used and why

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by LevelupShaves, Apr 24, 2017.

1. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

That ☝️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drawer likes this.
  2. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Another really nice one that I've taken a shine to is Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations. Best post shave feel of any of my soaps.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Drawer, NISITO and ob1page like this.
  3. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Santa Maria Novella

Drawer and NISITO like this.
  4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

The next one. C&S Oxford and Cambridge, Tabac cream and Tabula Rasa cream are my favorite shaving products even though 2 are creams. TOBS soaps work very well for me along with D.R. Harris Windsor and Mystic Water. Many really good soaps and creams on the market.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    LevelupShaves, Drawer and NISITO like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

next_one.jpg

RyX, Drawer, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  6. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Thanks Bama:)

RyX and Drawer like this.
  7. NISITO

NISITO New Member

hi all, im from Mexico and its very hard to find good soaps here, so i have to buy them on line but my fav. are
    barrister & mann
    phoenyx
    stirling
    cade
    a local one arie shaving co.
    razorock

pace

wristwatchb, Drawer and crackstar like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hey Salty!
    Wel-come back
    Your dreams were your ticket ouuuut
    Wel-come back
    To that same old place that you laughed about

Drawer likes this.
  9. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

There are just too many great soaps to list only one! Nonetheless, I seem to gravitate towards these two particular ones: Mystic Water & Jabonman/Eufros.

Drawer likes this.
  10. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Agree with a lot of posts here I've tried, including B&M (latha line is inexpensive and has GREAT scents), Stirling, etc.

Another great one I have enjoyed is Pre De Provence #63. Triple milled, relatively inexpensive, great scent. By the way, has anyone here tried the regular Pre De Provence? What is the scent like?

Drawer likes this.
  11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I've only used 3 different soaps (not including Arko) before I settled on Stirling and Route 66. I prefer a very slick soap and I think that Stirling and Route 66 meet that criteria hands down. I think Stirling is slightly slicker while Route 66 produces a lighter and fluffy lather.

Salty Belle, RyX and Drawer like this.
  12. My favorite is Martin de Candre's Scented (lavender, rosemary & mint) because it cost over 6 times as much as my second favorite which is Haslinger's Ewe's Milk. Just kidding about the reason MdC is #1. I base all my soap evaluations on slickness and scent. I don't get too worried if I have to work a little harder to get a good lather, but I've got to have the slickness and scent!! My third favorite is PAA's Gondolier. I love that scent and it's pretty darn slick too.

Drawer likes this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a $60 soap even given its long life when I can't seem to finish my $11 puck of AOS Tallow Sandalwood which is an awfully good soap.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Anything Stirling Mutton tallow.

Bama Samurai, Drawer and crackstar like this.
  15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Bienvenidos al foro, mi amigo! :)

Drawer likes this.
  16. NISITO

NISITO New Member

muchas gracias mi amigo
    ve toda raba

crackstar likes this.
  17. BlizzardShaver

BlizzardShaver New Member

Mitchell's Wool Fat for me. Not much in scent but the lather and skin softness are like no other. I hand lather it and my left hand is really soft too

GatorJoe and Drawer like this.
  18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Bevakasha! :)

Drawer likes this.
  19. Drawer

Drawer Well-Known Member

There are only a few soaps that I have tried. All are somewhere between very good and excellent. If I had to single out one, it would be Taylor of Old Bond Street. Hmmm. Maybe it would be Stirling. Hmmm. One of those, I think. There have been a lot mentioned here that I would like to try someday.

20. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

At this point, I can honestly say that between Tabac, Stirling, Route 66 and Lisa's Natural Herbal Creations, I could be happy forever. And if I didn't like variety so much I could go minimalist with any of them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Salty Belle likes this.