What's your daily driver? (Pen or Pencil)

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bookworm, Jan 24, 2018.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

New CT...: TSD's #2 Pencil

:lyrtuy5:

@Queen of Blades

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    wristwatchb likes this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

:)

3. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Okay. I haven't chimed in for quite a while. Just been following certain threads and people since last I posted.
    I justify my quest with razors by blaming all the enablers here but the fountain pen collection I have going can be blamed elsewhere. In the past year I have acquired the following... Pilot E with a script nib; Nemosine Singularity stub; Conklin Victory stub; Sailor Lecoule; Waterman CF; Montblanc 221; Noodlers Konrad Ebonite; 2-Monteverde Monzas; Waterman Taperite; Pilot Capless; Platinum"3776" Maki-E Phoenix with a cursive italic grind by Tom Mortisaw; and an Aikin Lambert Capitol Cabinet with a flexible #2 Waterman nib. There might be a couple I missed. I'll post photos soon.
    My Pilot Vanishing Point is always with me. My Aikin Lambert for correspondence. My Platinum for journals. Practice with all everyday. Regular maintenance on all.

I've seen some beautiful Pens here but just as with razors I'm stocked up for a while.

My seven year old grandson wants me to teach him cursive and he also started keeping his own journal. He will inherit some nice writing instruments and some great razors.

Happy writing and shaving to all.

To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

gorgo2, wristwatchb and richgem like this.
  4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'm still carrying around the same three. Jinhao 599 (metal), Pilot Petit1, and stainless Parker Vector (which I need to glue together. The stainless tube keeps sliding off of the plastic barrel. A drop of superglue on the barrel should fix that)

gorgo2 and wristwatchb like this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Well, I fell a bit further down the rabbit hole. I picked up a small pen roll for my two fountain pens and several other nice ballpoints that I want to hang onto. I found this on on-sale and figured it would be good to keep all my pen stuff together.

https://nockco.com/cases/brasstown

I also grabbed a pen slip on sale so that one of my pens can tag along with me. I enjoy taking notes at church and in my weekend Bible study group.

https://www.astonleather.com/leather-accessories/pen-cases/one-pen-slip.html

Finally, I picked up a second bottle of ink so that I can have black in one pen and blue in the other. I'm drawn to some of the vivid Diamine red and blue inks, so I went with Midnight Blue. Now I have one lefty fast drying ink and another regular ink for comparison.

I told my Bride about all my new pen goodies and thanked her for my Valentine gifts. :love029: :love055:

6. Bookworm

Well, I found the other day that my Jinhao 599 was leaking. It turns out that the Thornton's double ended ink cartridge that I'd put into the pen had cracked on the 'international' end, and that flooded the cap, and some of the barrel, and my fingers... - nothing left the pen, however. No stains on clothing. With some gifting of various pens, I had inked up a Jinhao 149 (Montblanc copy) for a customer, and then he decided he wanted a 'porcelain' white/blue pen instead. so, I'm currently carrying a Hero with inkjet printer ink, and the 149 with a Foray ink cartridge in it. Once the 149 is used up, I'll go back to the Jinhao.

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. Bookworm

Turns out that the Thornton goes in the Jinhao just fine - you just have to put it against the nipple and turn while pushing to keep it centered. Apparently I just shoved it in like a Jinhao cartridge, and that ended up cracking the plastic.

I'm using the Jinhao for daily use, but I have my Parker Beta inked, and I just received (but not yet inked to try) a set of three namesake pens.

pens.jpg

I believe that the parent company or brand is Baoer, but they are 'Bookworm' pens. (it's engraved on the nib). I have another one that I've used in the past, and it's a good, but VERY heavy pen. If you like heavy pens, these are about the same as the Jinhao 149.

gorgo2 and wristwatchb like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The pen I carry every day in my right pants pocket is the Uniball Micro Deluxe. Have used this pen for years and years.
    upload_2018-3-9_20-50-13.jpeg

I found a Zebra pen with blue ink that I use from time to time. I really like the flow of ink in this one.
    [​IMG]

Neither of those are all that nice or expensive, but they work great for me. I use light pressure when writing. I still use yellow legal pads and do all of my planning and note-taking by hand. I only switched to a digital calendar about two years ago.

gorgo2, wristwatchb and Bookworm like this.
  9. Bookworm

Zebra makes nice refills, and their pens are well shaped. I have a ball point and a fountain pen from them somewhere on my workbench.

My time sheets are written by hand, I'm carrying two blank books - one for my to-do list (ever growing), and the other for 'what did I do today'. I also write invoices by hand, because it's simpler at customer sites.

gorgo2, wristwatchb and PLAla like this.
  10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Birthday gifts from my wife and kids :)[​IMG]

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

wristwatchb and gorgo2 like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you like that one, you should try the all stainless model. My daily driver, it has 99% replaced my fountain pens.

wristwatchb and PLAla like this.
  12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I'll check it out. Thanks!

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Tactile Turn Zirconium Glider with Damascus Bolt using a fine point Pilot G2 refill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]