What's your favorite Brush?

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by imGrunt, May 15, 2014.

1. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

After my wife made the statement " Don't you think this is getting a little out of hand" she is showing interest in wet shaving so I would like to start with the brush. Suggestions? Knot size and loft?
    Thanks

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

For your wife?

3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

My suggestion is
    Big silvertip brush

My thinking is that legs are a lot larger than a face, so the larger the brush, the easier it is for her. And, of course, if you want her to think it is great, then use a silvertip.

Also, you might want to introduce her to the more floral scents - lavender, lilac, rose, etc.

4. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

I will go with the silver tip and I was thinking big. She shaves in the shower so I picked up a rubber bowl for safety at the local barber supply. I think they are used to mix hair color in salon's. They lather really well when you take a Dremil tool to them and make a series ov vertical groves.
    I think the scent of my C&E West Indian Lime is what sparked her interest!

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Those rubber bowls are great. I use one too. I like a silvertip badger, about 22-24mm. True, legs are a lot of "real estate" to cover, but if the brush is very large, it may be too big for her hands.

imGrunt and markjnewcomb like this.
  6. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

Thanks, handle size is something I didn't think about! I have a Omega 10049 with a 27mm knot and the handle is too big for her.
    I'm now thinking a whipped dog silver tip with a custom acrylic handle.
    Thanks again, Jim

7. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Right now the brush I use the most is the one that came in my Van Der Hagen kit. I know eventually i will want to invest in a Silvertip but this brush works really well for me. I think its boar? lol

8. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

I made my wife a 30 mm silvertip brush on a large handle that I carved and she loves it -- it is very easy for her to lather and coat her legs in little time.

imGrunt likes this.
  9. TCBENNETT55

TCBENNETT55 Active Member

Depending upon the kit, you could have either boar or badger. Badger comes with a stand. Boar does not. Try all the different types of brushes ie boar, badger, horse, and synthetic.