whats your favourite vintage gillette?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Feb 16, 2017.

1. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

This is part of a much larger collection of King Camp Gillette personal memorabilia. According to the source, "It was made by Tiffany & Co. and is made of silver and 23 karat gold plating and has his initials on the front of the silver & gold case and on the head of the razor.".

tonich and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

there are 2 psycho techs with key,a silver tuckaway,a canadian arist jr for sale on ebay should anyone be interested.they are not mine or anyone i know.just for anyone looking to fine something cool.

3. CamberwellCarrot

CamberwellCarrot New Member

Mine's got to be my Gillette Old Type NEW SC/LC de Luxe Pre-Post War Tech Improved Adjustable.

Mbg75 likes this.
  4. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

Actually the Trac II came out in 1971, two years before the Gillette injector hit the market in 1973. Gillette was selling injector blades for several years before they started making a razor that could use them. It seems like a kind of a half-hearted attempt on their part, especially after all of the money and engineering they put into the Trac II system that they saw as the future trend in the evolution of the safety razor.

Col C likes this.