What's your "go to" DE blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by grampi, Jan 9, 2009.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will have to look but I think they are made by ASR. I should have noted that I am a SE guy mostly. So do not use a lot of DE blades. I have in the past and these blades shave as good as any for me.

2. stanko

stanko Member

Astra SP for me.

3. Maximumsmoke

Maximumsmoke Active Member

Gillette Silver Blue, or Astra Superior Platinum. Both seem fairly equivalent. Are they made in the same factory? Not as sharp as Feathers, but smoother somehow, and longer lasting. I have stretched 10 shaves from a Silver Blue just to see what it was like. Five would be plenty. Never tried the Red Personna's, but I guess I'll have to -- they seem to get a lot of votes here. Feathers are OK with me, too -- sharp at first, but they don't last very long.

4. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Gillette Spoiler

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

5. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Feathers in everything! They make mild razors amazing and the aggressive ones insane in a good way! Pair a Feather with a Canadian Bulldog and you will either get THE closest shave of your life or leave large chunks of your face in the sink! Focus is the key! I never use that combo in the morning when I might rush...

6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Permasharp. First shave is closer with a Feather but #2 and #3 better with the Permasharp.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Hmmm I don't have a go to blade. I have a variate and use them all. If I had to pick I would pick personna blue

Stu929 likes this.
  8. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

My favorite right now is Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows. I also like the Greens but the Yellows seem to retain performance longer for me.

9. nikos.a

nikos.a Well-Known Member

Astra Superior Platinum. I use these with all my DEs and have a really big stock.

Kaladin likes this.
  10. David W650

David W650 Active Member

I like the variety of using many brands of DE blades but none seem to match the sharpness and smoothness of Astra.

Kaladin likes this.
  11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Depends on the razor.

I dislike Astras, by the way.

12. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

If I run out of Wilkinson Sword Razor blade when I am using my Weber 3pc. S/S Polished Head 85 mm Classic Handle. I use Astra Superior Platinum DE. or if I am traveling and cane get some of these Raley's Generic SS/DE Razor Blades {Made by Wilkinson Sword}.

Linuxguile likes this.