What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why??

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaltonGang, Apr 15, 2016.

1. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

My most recent lot of blades (which should be my last, given that my current stash will long outlast me) is a set of 22 blister packs of vintage Personna injector twin blades of six blades per pack. They cost about the same per-blade as modern Chick injector blades, and will satisfy my twin blade itch forever.

waffen, RyX, DaltonGang and 1 other person like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I ordered 100 Derby blades for like $5, it's one of the gifts I'm giving my son.
    But the real reason is because I am his supplier and tired of giving him my more expensive blades.

Key 2 Wellness, waffen, RyX and 3 others like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I'm a longtime user of Feather blades. I just ordered some Astra SPs, Perma-Sharp Supers, and Polsilver Super Iridiums for variety. I'm well pleased with these blades so far.

Terry, RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Voskhod and Sharp Star. After the first of the year I'll be adding some Russian variety packs.

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  5. Marc D

Marc D Well-Known Member

My last 100 were Personna Blues .. over all just a Awesome blade... Looking to buy a 100 pack of Feathers soon

RyX, Linuxguile and NCoxSTL like this.
  6. Shave Monkey

Shave Monkey Well-Known Member

Personna Red....all around good and constant blade.

Linuxguile and NCoxSTL like this.
  7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Rapira it was awhile ago now when I got them, they are cheap and work well for me.

Linuxguile and RyX like this.
  8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

My last blade purchase as over a year ago and it was 100 Astra SPs. I later found my magic box of blades, so I still set for a decade or so.

wristwatchb, Linuxguile and Marc D like this.
  9. Asafiev

Asafiev Member

Feather Hi-Stainless Double Edge Blades. They behave consistently in a large variety of razors plus the have a built-in blade disposal in the dispenser.

Terry likes this.
  10. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Just bought another 100 box of Derbys. They are my favorite blade, and they are inexpensive, thankfully. After this purchase, I have about 800 blades. Astra SP, Derby, and Gillette Silver Blue.

waffen likes this.
  11. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Tried a dorco and liked it ordered a 100

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

100 Astra SPs because I liked them in my sampler pack and 100 Voskhods because of some great advice from the guys on the 30 day forum

waffen likes this.
  13. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

Knox all three are my favorites, I do have to stay up on the silvers, I got 50 the first time this time I'll get a 100, there just more expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knox likes this.
  14. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Volkhods. I hadn't tried them but heard good things. I will likely order something else next time, but they weren't bad.

Sent using Tapatalk

15. shadowfeind

shadowfeind Active Member

Astra sp. Tried it in a sample pack along with astra ss, personna lab blue and derby. Astra sp is the blade that has answered my prayers. This blade is so smooth and sharp enough for me. The razor just glides on my beard. These blades have become my go to blades from now on. I use proraso red tube, merkur 34c, lather & wood aftershave balm or proraso aftershave balm.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  16. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

200 Pol Silver to add to the 50 I already have, my favorite blade and sadly not manufactured anymore

17. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I can't even remember the last time I bought blades. I got 100 Personna Lab blades from my Secret Santa in 2015 and before that I got 100 SuperMax Titanium blades from my Secret Santa in 2014. I think the last ones were 100 Personna Med Prep blades. I have about 250 Personna Lab blades, probably 90 Med Preps, around 80 SuperMax Titanium blades, around 200 Polsiver Super Iridium blades, and lots of assorted blades. And two straight razors.

simms623 likes this.
  18. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Bump. Just to keep the discussion alive, hopefully. :D

19. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

200 Voskies just before PAA got out of the blade business.
    Got 'em at a good price too.

DaltonGang likes this.
  20. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

200 Pol Silver Super Iridiums because it was widely thought that the blades had been discontinued and its by far my favorite blade.

Robyflexx and DaltonGang like this.