Where do you get DE blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by kurtmill, Nov 7, 2014.

1. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

Where do you get your DE blades? Since getting my safety razor I've been checking every store I go in to see if they have blades. Only one of my local grocery stores and one K-Mart have had blades. Are online retailers the best/only places to get blades?

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Ebay, or TryABlade.com or anyone of the online shaving e-sellers. ItalianBarber..

Boojum1 likes this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

West Coast Shaving, Amazon,

Boojum1 likes this.
  4. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Amazon. Amazon. Amazon.

youngunn likes this.
  5. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

:signs011::happy069:

theFAT98 likes this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

On another note purchase a sampler pack.

Boojum1 likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

If you want a sample pack a good place is Ebay, and there's sites already mentioned. Locally check drug stores. I can get DE's at both Rite Aid and Walgreens. Their prices are ridiculous compared to online though. Like a buck a blade. I've read that Walmart carries blades now too.

Boojum1 and PatrickA51 like this.
  8. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

I checked my local Walgreens, but they didn't have any. That's what actually prompted this post.

PatrickA51 and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  9. VonDutch68

VonDutch68 Member

Westcoastshaving.com

Boojum1 and PatrickA51 like this.
  10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have not had to buy any DE Blades for a long time. CVS Pharmacy carries a Generic Blade with their label on he package. When I got my Weber 3pc. They sent me Astra Blades with the razor.
    Weber Bulldog images.jpg
    I go a couple of Gillette Razors off the E-Bay and each time I got a razor they included a package of sample blades.
    When I got my ATT 7pc. Set You would think for what they charge you for this set up you would think that they would send you at least one package of 5 razor blades.
    100_0261-1 (2) Atlas Krona.jpg

Boojum1 and 178-bplatoon like this.
  11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

The Shave Den....

12. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

TSD Shop has some great prices.

13. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Italian barber for me

Boojum1 likes this.
  14. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You can buy any kind of blade in just about any quantity you want on ebay for as good a price as any. That's one of the few bargains on the bay

15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

YES online dealers are the only places, that I'm aware of, that will offer you a LARGE variety of blades. I usually check ebay and amazon first for availability and to get a price and then compare against other sites.
    Also as Mark has said it's a VERY good idea in the beginning to get a large blade sampler pack. TSD offer a good one right here. The more different blades you can try, especially in the beginning, the better for finding the blade/blades that work BEST for your face and technique. Another good reason for a sample pack is keeping a small variety of blades on hand is useful as many times different safety razors perform differently(for better or worse) with different blades..:)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  16. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

For me its ebay and connaughtshaving.com

17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

+1 for the shave den.
    I like this place, I'll buy here when I need more.

Boojum1 and theFAT98 like this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Three really good shaving vendors that you should take a look at.

http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/
    David is great to deal with.

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/
    Gary is great to deal with.

http://www.connaughtshaving.com/
    Paul is great to deal with.

Notice I called out the owners by their first names because I have dealt with each one numerous times.
    They have a great reputation in the traditional shaving community and are the pros at providing shaving products. They stick to their area expertise ... shaving products.
    Always check them for selection and service.

Blade sale at Shoebox 11/8/2014 see below.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/blade-sales.41251/

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Shaver X likes this.
  19. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Maggard Razors.
    Instead of a sample pak, my advice would be to look through the forums and try to identify to 10 or so blades that seem to be most popular, and spend $15 or so on individual tucks of those specific blades. For me a lot of the sample paks have a lot of the same blades in them, and some of them are blades that a lot of us would not recommend. MHO.

VedderLG and CyanideMetal like this.
  20. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

West Coast Shaving. I don't trust the vendors on Amazon to send what they advertise and I never deal with Ebay.