Which Safety Razor did you use today?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jom, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Jom

Jom Member

20140825_192622.jpg

I really liked this thread in the SR section, so i thought i would start one here.

From my haul yesterday
    Open Comb Gillette replated in Rhodium
    Semogue Owners Club brushes 1 boar
    GEO.F. TRUMPERS Limes Shaving Cream
    Personna Blades

Boojum1, PatrickA51 and macaronus like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

see the post marked sostd
    a bunch of guys share daily, straights, de's, se's, soaps, creams, a/s's, balms. all updated daily. check it out

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Here's where the SOTD thread is.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup

5. Jom

Jom Member

Thanks guys, I just liked the thread in the SR section and thought it might be a good idea here. The sotd section seems a bit more "this is how awesome my sos was" in comparison to here's my safety razor. Guess I didn't feel special enough for sostd

6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

whole shabang will be better, once your there.
    jump right in there.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Personally I always felt that SR thread was redundant as we do have the SOTD thread.

8. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I agree it can be a bit repetitive when posted in conjunction with the SOTD threads. Personally, I would prefer it if the SR thread deal mainly with the razors themselves and have members share comments that may be more at home with the SR crowd than the general shaving audience.
    (Hypothetical example: So today, I used my Renco 4/8 Whammie Bar razor, and I found the edge a bit rough so decided to hone it with my Naniwa 12k before ChromOx on a strop. This seemed to soften the rough edges and make the shave all the more enjoyable. Try it sometime!"
    SR users would certainly get more out off his than non-users. THIS is where it can be useful and informative to have a thread that caters more to that particular niche.

TSimons and GDCarrington like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  10. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

I used a Gillette Atra with a CVS brand cartridge.

PatrickA51 and GDCarrington like this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Was this your haul from yesterday? Meaning new gear to you? If so, we have a monthly thread HERE

12. I used a Symmetry Open Comb for the first time and Whoah! Even with a mild blade this puppy gave me one of the closest shaves ever. 1 pass and I was almost done! Will take a while to get used to it.

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Was going to use my all stainless steel Black Tip...but...I think it broke...
    Can't get the doors to close - they're stuck wide open. Weird. It never shown any indication of having any issues at all.
    Bummer.

14. Hardlyanic

Hardlyanic Active Member

Razorock Mission

15. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Treat "Junior Parade" SE.

16. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I used my Weber 3pc. DE

17. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Today I used my Muhle R41 for the second time since buying it back in February. Last time I used it I looked like I used a cheese grater on my neck and had razor burn for two days. This time I mowed down 4 days of growth with just a tiny weeper on my neck. I even did three passes on the neck. Dang good shave from a great razor.

Slow Joe likes this.
  18. Jom

Jom Member

used my original 1951 Aristocrat replated in Rhodium for the first time this morning, it felt really good

19. geeeyejo

geeeyejo Active Member

GEM MMOC 0717142000a-1.jpg

20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Today I used my new Schick M32 Injector razor.

IMG_0576.JPG

IMG_0580.JPG