Which Shulton clone has the closest scent?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Tim Spencer, May 23, 2017.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hmm,

I keep hearing different products that get someone's top honors. I have not tried them all. I have only tried 3 soaps so far that are "Old Spice Type". None of them are precise matches. My most recent one from The Village Soap Smith is the closest but has too much cinnamon and nutmeg and zero floral, but has the critical basenotes in there. Mama Bear Aged Spice was decent but nowhere near the real thing. Floral was missing and the nutmeg just wasn't there and zero cinnamon playing in the far distance. Mama Bear was 'serviceable' and could blend with Old Spice but not a match. My original soap I tried was from an Etsy store and while being a super-hydrating soap, it was not a scent match.

My eye will someday many months from now will be on a contender for the next soap to try. I hear good things about Soap Commander "Endurance" and PAA's "Cold Spices". Which one comes closest to Shulton? (heck which one even comes close to P&G?) Feel free to volunteer a left field suggestion into the mix.

MR41, jtspartan and brit like this.
  2. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I dont think Darron has released it in his new 1912 formula (yet?), but Wickham's Spice Trade (UK) was pretty spot on my nose.

3. brit

brit in a box

i have the soap commander endurance and its the same as my p and g old spice aftershave.to me any how.worth a try.

4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have Endurance in a soap and Barrister's Reserve Spice in an aftershave. While I enjoy the Endurance, I find the B&M Reserve Spice to be a phenomenal scent. I don't know if it is true to the Shulton, but others say that it is pretty close. FWIW, Reserve Spice will be available in a soap on June 9th. The samples are available now.